Naim Chrome Bumper

Yeah the NACA5 on my main amp is great but may well have a look at the Linn cable too :+1:

I work both as a professional musician and teacher :+1:

1 Like

Got them set up for test on my main system.

Sounds unbelievably good!!

10 Likes

The further away the Nac from the Nap is, the better.

1 Like

Chrome Bumper? Olive thread surely?

Trespasser!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah, we’re the People’s Front of the Chrome Bumper, splitters!

4 Likes

As mentioned, only set up for test :smile:

This thread is better :rofl:

True :grin:

Ahahaha , just find some CB :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel sad, my system is on the Olive thread. :cry::cry:

2 Likes

Picking up a bolt down CB 160 from my dealer in an hour or so. They had it listed for auction on the 'bay, so haven’t heard it yet (they’re still only open for pick up as it is). Fingers crossed - paid $500 and they have a 14 day return window (and no shipping beyond a ten minute drive) so it was a pretty safe bet. It appears to have at least had the large psu caps replaced at some point and no bodging done. Will be interesting to hear how it sounds vs my very good 110. If it’s at least close, if not better, then will plan on a recap at some point in the future. Pics soon.

1 Like

Nice one, you have probably bought one of the nicest sounding CB amplifiers made. Mine says Hi!

3 Likes

:smile:. I love the CB but also love the way an Olive lights up etc. The Nait 2 CB is the ideal mix of looks though - modern lights and classic styling.

1 Like

Don’t feel sad - as I realise all Naims were born equal sort of…

2 Likes

And thar’ she is. Sounding pretty lovely. Different from the 110. Not quite as snappy and etched with as forward mids as the 110, but bigger and more lush sounding, very non-fatiguing. Only been warming up for about an hour so will reserve full judgement for a bit, but pretty sure it’s a keeper. Also not a bit of hum or hiss or radio noise which is nice. Switch bulb is missing but in real world, late night use use that’s probably better. Not quite as pretty as the V1/110 combo sitting next to each other though. The 110 will go down to supplement the office UQ.

6 Likes

Yes, fully agree, I like this box !

10 Likes

Nice NAP160!
This is the perfect AMP.

1 Like

Thanks! It is!

I have a question about the bulgin power cable the BD 160 has. I’m assuming it’s just a very tight fit and pulls straight out? And one can use the old bulgin connector and easily wire a newer cable into it (paying attention to polarity of course and using a multimeter before connecting back up)? The cable it came with is a bit on the thin side compared to a newer Naim Tibia, and it’s not snug into the bulging anymore. I also prefer Wattgate or similar plugs on the wall end. Might not really need it but might also give it an extra bit of goodness, plus I could use another six inches to a foot of length