Naim Chrome Bumper

You have quite a collection there. Don’t get rid of any of it, you’ll regret it.

Murmur, just a note fo future reference - your image was too big for the forum (must be under 4MB, preferably smaller) so I have taken the liberty of re-sizing it for you. Please try to resize images before posting them. Thanks.

Burn the heretic!

1 Like

How do I contact you Richard? There is a message functionality under the Admins but it’s not allowing me to send you (or all Admins) a message…

I’ve messaged you. You can reply to me privately there.

Take 2…

14 Likes

1979…

23 Likes

Very nice SamClaus.

1 Like

Reconditioned by Darran - of course.

3 Likes

That looks like the setup I started with in my Naim journey

1 Like

Oops, my error. Apologies Mr Dane (and well spotted). The gold-hued amps are 1984 vintage.

1988 is in fact the original manufacturing date of my girlfriend. It’s so easy to get confused.

Probably well overdue a service - odd crackling noises, etc. (The amps, I mean.)

6 Likes

I am also a fan of CB boxes, got a big collection of CB boxes at home, but finally i switch to Olive with a 52 + SC. It was superior of my 32 +HC in term of rendering for my ears, so now i have got a mix of CB and Olive boxes wich is also nice.

2 Likes

Wow, how I love the look of that LP12 with the Naim CBs.

Richard

It’s a Frankenstein Sondek :zombie:‍♂

The CD equipment still looks good. I bought a 42/110 in 1982, which was upgraded to 32.5/Hi-Cap/250 in 1989. Then on to an Oliver 72 and via 82 to the full Olive 52/Supercap/250 that I use to this day.

Some spare CB boxes at home:

38 Likes

Very nice. :heart_eyes:

Nice collection Guibo !

Nice Guibo!

How does your BD 32 compare to your CB 32, assuming that’s what they are and neither is converted to a 32.5?

What are the strange feet under the BD 32?

What are the 3 different power supplies? Is that NAPS, SNAPS and HiCap? I can’t get on with the CB HiCap (serviced 2 years ago) myself so wonder if NAPS or SNAPs would better suit my NAC 12. HiCap improves the sound but I just don’t enjoy the music as much.

You are missing the best one of all - red LED Nait :slight_smile:

I would like to hear the 52 having heard so many good things about it. My preference so far is NAC12 compared to CB 32, 32.5 and 42 but pesky Nait is still more coherent.

The CB 32 (top left) is not serviced, its fully original, so compare to the 32.5CB (Middle right) of course there is a big gap in term of rendering. Another difference is the volume pot, which is linear, not logaritmic. The 32BD has been converted to a 32.5 and it is fully serviced, and in term of rendering this is the best 32.5 pre-amp i have, it has more transparency compared to the 32.5CB. Under the 32 the feets are “sorbothane”: PANGEA PICO Absorbers.
Bottom its a NAP160BD, serviced. A fantastic amp, i keep it because it s probably the best sounds i have ever heard in the CB boxes (i have tried all of them 110/140/160/250, and used some of them in some other systems). Sadly the 160BD is lacking of power to drive actively SBL… I have tried it with another 160CB wich is very more powerfull, the sounds is really great but it needs some adjustment on the NAXO.

2 Others power supplies are an Hicap and a SNAPS (red led on top right).

The 52 add more presence compare to the 32, the music wrap you, its a better feeling, the music is more in the room.
I never tried a 12 sadly, I don’t know what fit the best in term of Power supplies, probably no more than a SNAPS, as it has been designed.

I have a Nait1 but green Led :slight_smile: and some other CB boxes. The nait1 is great integrated, it has all the Naim sounds, so its perfect for a small system in a small room (with intro or SBL for example). But direct comparison with a big system is just be unfair, as it has some limitations…
Currently i am using 52+SC+NAXO+HC+4x135+Ndac+SBL_MK2 and this system is just amazing. Will be hard to move to something else…

3 Likes