Naim Chrome Bumper

There is one in Austria up for grabs. I’m closer than you :slight_smile:

TBH I’m very happy with the 42/110 as it is, I’m in no rush. Glad you’re enjoying yours too.

1 Like

Same here. They are a delight

Nice that you can enjoy something you purchased so long ago. Like others have said, I would just enjoy it as it is. I think they’re more musically coherent and time better without a PSU anyway.

2 Likes

Hello Richard

Maybe a long shot

The NAT 02 tuner - there are no doubt many more of the olive ones out there but do you have an idea on maybe how many with the CB finish were manufactured ?

I doubt none of the CB’s ever made their way to Aus

Much appreciated Richard

Bevo, I don’t know the number but it couldn’t have been that many as the CB version lasted less than a year before the Olive finish was introduced.

Thanks Richard

Yes I agree a low number indeed maybe 30 - 40 at best

Would love to find one but alas will be tough going to locate

Regards Richard

Bevo

Interesting…

That would make my Naim Audio NAT 02 (1989 according to serial number) quite rare!

28 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Me? Jealous? no, no, no, no…

(OK, just a bit)

6 Likes

Very nice fergch and perfect partner with 42.5/Hi/110 for the full tractor wheel experience!

I wonder if the few CB pre-production Geddons were fitted with tractor wheel too…

Would also look pretty neat with just a CB Nait

5 Likes

I have the NAC62 and NAP140 (and HICAP), since the late 1980’s…

Another picture…

This is not how they are arranged now, but they started life here like this, then with home made 3/4 ply and rubber feet platforms between layers, and then into a wall shelf support frame of my design and built for me, which is where they have stayed.

Not worthy of system pictures as there has been no change for decades…

18 Likes

And me :grimacing:

I’ve been putting up pics of (much) the same system for years. No complaints yet :innocent:
Go for it!

4 Likes

I’m having evil thoughts about an olive NAT02 and my chrome bumper NAT101 that is in need of a service!

2 Likes

Beautiful. Looks like mint condition.

2 Likes

Just some silly fun, but what’s the largest possible shoebox tractor-wheel-only system? I presume it would include some form of crossover unit with multiple nap 110s…

1 Like

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) there was no tractor wheel on the NAXO.

Some years back I decided to run some of my CB kit in the main system for a bit. Here are some of them;

NAC62, NAC42.5
NAP110/140, NAP110
NAC12, HICAP

18 Likes

I just looked and the cb naxo didn’t have any wheel so that’s fine for this silly scenario - I just didn’t want a mix of knobs. Have a feeling the original NAPSA was also knobless.

So, what about?

NAPSA
NAT02
HICAP
NAXO

1 Like

Certainly a nice way to reduce the box count.
What would be a typical vintage active system using a 42.5 and 110s. I suppose an lp12 with Linn Saras?

Make that 4 x 110s run mono :wink:

1 Like