Naim Chrome Bumper

You’re a close second. You both have wonderful set ups. Loving it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A close up of the sanded Supercap

2 Likes

Actually I think you have a few more boxes in CB, so I think I’m second. I do have a spare 135, shame I cant bi-amp the centre

1 Like

Yes @Murmur I had a 250 on there before

So far my impression is the defining factor of the 135s is how effortless they are. They’re very impressive and musical

3 Likes

Nice! I fear they are an itch i will need to scratch one day

1 Like

Yes you will!

I am having NAIM NAC32.5 preamp with NAP140 power amp. I got both of them serviced, caps replaced and I am over the moon too. But I am missing Hicap and now looking for 2nd hand Hicap.

1 Like

I have just set up my vintage study system put together over the last few months. It consists of 32.5/110 CB pre and power amps, plus CDS Olive CD player with a Rega RP6/Exact/Fono via a Naim Din/RCA interconnect. The speakers are Spendor A6 via NACA5 cables. All on Mana Acoustics rack. So far so good. Sounds terrific, leaving now to warm up further. :grinning:

4 Likes

You are making it very hard for me to let go of mine. :slight_smile:

Then again I guess you can’t keep all of your mistresses.

1 Like

Sounds good - could we have a picture to admire, please?

2 Likes

Here goes……

21 Likes

Looks good!

Wouldn’t the two CD boxes sound better swapped around? I know PSUs radiate upwards but lots of space between the two bottom shelves.

Thanks. Possibly yes. I would normally have the power supply underneath also. It’s just that the top loading lid of the CDS head unit will not open completely if it is on the higher shelf. Can certainly give it a try, but would have to be careful with the lid when loading CDs.

1 Like

Just shows what little I know about Naim CD players!

No problem. I prefer the top loading CD players, but the space between levels is not usually enough unless you have it on the top, which is preferred for record deck or preamp! For me, the top loaders make putting on a CD more of an ‘event’, like putting a vinyl disc on a record deck, but not quite such an event as that!

2 Likes

:smiley:

Still trying different combinations. The 42.5/110 sounds really nicely balanced with vintage LP12 using Adikt or rebuilt Troika - musically coherent and the pace seems about right. But I just bought another Hicap to try as so many folks enjoy them here. Getting similar results to last time - less coherent, seeming to drag a little. HiFi stuff is all better of course.

Switching to the 62/110 and I’ve been noticing a similarity with the olive 72/140 I previously owned in that some music seems to be accelerated like it’s running too fast, hence the 72/140 never lasted long. Adding the Hicap to the 62 seems to put the brakes on a bit and restore a more natural pace. So, with the 62, I think I prefer the Hicap despite it being a bit less coherent. It’s really great at the HiFi side too - defo best I’ve heard from CB gear to date with the Hicap bringing it up another level. Will be interesting to compare 62/Hi/110 vs 140 when I get a couple back from service.

I know there are variations in all these components but thought I’d share. Anyone else had similar experiences, or not?

2 Likes

Hi Team CB,
What’s a CB NAXO worth these days - good condition, unserviced, no box, private sale?

1 Like

Never serviced…? Now with a CB item, that would worry me… I would want to see/hear it working… But… YMMV…

1 Like

Not sure, but it will go to Naim for a service anyway, so not too worried about that side.