Naim Chrome Bumper

I have used an Olive HC on a 32.5, no issues.

1 Like

Tx - ever compare to a CB HC?

Cool, I like it!

Well, in my eyes all chrome bumpers look cool!

Yes. When I was upgrading my 42-5/110 to a 72/HICAP/250 I briefly used an olive HICAP with the 42-5/110 while I was waiting for the 250 and the 72 to arrive. TBH, I didn’t think it made much of a difference, but that didn’t really matter because my main reason for buying the HICAP was to enable the upgrade to the 250 (with, ultimately, a 72).

1 Like

AFAIK, there is very little difference between a CB & Olive HiCap… :thinking:

1 Like

That’s what I thought

1 Like

There are detail differences. My Olive HiCap has a Screw which bonds the tray & case together - just as my 72 has. My CB HiCap doesn’t have this… :astonished:

Defo enjoying unserviced Oive HC (with H&F traffio) more than serviced / unserviced CB HCs.

1 Like

H&F to Nuvotem transition is end 1992, AFAIK…

So… all CB’s are H&F.

Good Afternoon team CB

Added a new source for the CB 250 system. A Sony TC-177SD.

25 Likes

Very nice! One of the best of the early (i.e. pre '79) cassette decks. That one looks to be in very nice condition.

2 Likes

Cheers Richard, it’s condition is a real credit to its former owner, hard to find a scratch on it and it’s over 45 years old, definitely one to look after. Sounds great as well.

1 Like

Hi Richard

I have the CB Nait 2 and the CB 32.5/Hicap/250 combo

Of all the naim CD players what one do you think might best suit the CB gear above ?

Or as a special anniversary model to me Naim should produce a CB CD player ha​:grinning::+1:

Thanks for your thoughts Richard

Bevo

Bevo, I’m particularly fond of the early Philips DAC Naim players. In particular the CD3 is something of a bargain these days. It uses the CDM9/44 mech which is about as bullet-proof as mechs get (i.e. not very, but better than most). Only achilles heel is that the platter can drop, but it’s a fairly easy fix if you know how. The CD2 is a bit better but will cost a lot more and best avoid any with the CDM9 Pro mech as these are very rare and unobtanium.

However, any Naim CD player will work very nicely with your CB systems so choice will likely boil down to price and availability as much as anything else.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Richard

Good to know

Much appreciated

thank! do you think it is ok to use N-sats?

1 Like

Sorry I have no knowledge on Naim N-Sats (others may know more).

But I would doubt there would be a problem… :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, it should work very nicely. I use my own n-Sats on n-Stands with a CB NAIT.

1 Like

Thanks, Richard!!
By the way, what speaker cable are you using?

I use NACA5 in all bar one system where Chord Odyssey is used because I had some of the right length and it fitted through some very narrow little gaps.

1 Like