Naim firmware update for legacy streamers

Hi @JSchmidt

Ping me a dropbox link on steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com and we’ll take a look.

Best regards

Steve

1 Like

Of course Richard,

As ever……….

Oddly enough, the latest updated Naim app no longer appears in the Settings app list on the iPad, but does appear in said list on the iPhone.

Also shifting the Qute2 to Wi-Fi from cable connection re-establishes connectivity, hence my suspicion of v4.8……

Hmmmm

Best, J

Thanks so much for that, I would have been floundering around forever!
Much appreciated.
Best
Chris

No problem, glad all sorted.

Does ND5XS carry RS232 or mini-USB B ?
Mine’s a late 2015 unit

ND5XS has a mini-USB B

1 Like

thank you
then there’s something wrong going with the official page:

Hi Chappers. I am getting the exact same problem on NDX. It says skipped track, then error use Naim app, then eventually stopped press play. Muso works fine, so I suspect 4.8 problem.

This is a well known error that occurs on some of Naim’s printed rear panels of a particular age. In any case the socket shown on the photo is a miniUSB. So if your’s looks like that, that’s the lead you want.

Best

David

Yes the picture shows RS232 printed, but the actual port shown is a mini-USB so the picture is wrong. My drawing picture is from the manual.
The other thing is (I believe) RS232 was only fitted to NDX & changed soon after, my 2014 NDX is a mini-USB, & if I’m right ND5XS was never produced with RS232.

nice
Also , when update is performed using MacBook Air a fully wired USB C (and not A ) to Mini-USB B cable is the right one, right?
In that case may I use the one that comes with an Asus burner since data is involved?

2 min photoshop job to make it right :man_shrugging:

Yes but the issue is that the panels were printed incorrectly for some early production and Naim either didn’t notice or decided to use them rather than scrap them.

I still think it may be technically correct because RS232 is a protocol and not a port specification, but it is quite misleading in the modern age where few people can distinguish it. We had this before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you do a factory reset after updating your NDX? That is worth a go, along with a pinhole reset of your Mu-so.

Logging off Tidal from within the Naim Tidal app and then re logging in sorted it for me.
Good luck.

1 Like

Another successful update for N272 using 2012 MacBook Air running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. A data point for support.

No issues were encountered, followed instructions to the letter - I had read the warnings :joy:

CK

3 Likes

Hi Chappers. Yep after signing on and off a couple of times all OK. Probably not helped by the fact we use several iPhones/ipads to control two streamers. Fingers crossed. Thanks both for your comments.

1 Like

A successful update using 2014 MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. No problems with the N272, and the Unitiqute was OK once I was able to install the driver for the USB to RS232 cable. A big thank you to the community for your help and advice in this thread.

2 Likes