Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

The more I consider it, the more I rather like the grey with the black knobs and switches. It puts me in mind of some of the designs of Harmut Esslinger and the wonderful kit that Sony brought out during the '70s and early '80s under the Wega brand.

There’s a new concrete Fraim too but you have to buy the Crain before you can assemble it!

9 Likes

NAP250 is indeed described as a power amp further down - fair play. However it’s the second item (of 6) to be described … but begins “Last but not least”. Pedant? Moi?

Sugden are pretty good at inventive alternative colour ways, which can look very good indeed…

12 Likes

I think we should expect the orange ones then, or close to orange anyway.

A cleaner pic from the website / email bulletin, which shows the contrast a little better… @Richard.Dane I think you are correct - its the shock of the grey after so many years of black case work.

Mmm? I do wonder how they look in the metal…

2 Likes

If someone is waiting in line for an NDX2 and some of the limited number of chips are diverted to the Tin edition, they will have to wait longer. That may not happen of course, but it’s easy to see how it might. The same goes for the DR modules etc in the 250 or Hicap.

3 Likes

So Clare has gone? Shame, she was always quick to respond. wonder what’s attracted her away…

I reckon it would look more ‘gangsta’ with gun metal uprights🤔

It’s a nice change. I’m sure most folks here won’t like it since there seems to be a conservative leaning here. But it’s not for those.

1 Like

And if I understand it right, the color is only available if you buy the full set. That can’t be too many. By the same logic one could demand that Naim does not sell any new black boxes until forum users have their DR upgrades done

As someone who owns no Naim and is therefore not invested in the brand, I’m not sure of the wisdom of branding Forum members conservative. I’m certainly not conservative, and I wonder who these people you believe it’s aimed at actually are. People who will happily drop £28,000 on a mullet system maybe. People not worried about the challenges of future upgrades? People with more money than sense?

4 Likes

Is this an early April Fool’s?

You are wrong! I Just recently bought a Naim Mu-So 2 for my sitting room/kitchen ! Maybe I should have added IMHO?

Let’s stay way from calling other members names. Thanks.

2 Likes

The grey colour looks fine and the black knobs are growing on me with an all black Fraim.

Richard

Slight diversion, see this link. Congratulations Clare

1 Like

As I understand it Clare has gone to work for an organisation that is associated with Naim. @Richard.Dane if this is wrong or breeches rules please moderate or delete.

Can I suggest Naim consider offering a future case respray service voucher with every grey set they sell……

Even in jest? Isn’t that a bit Conservative LoL

1 Like