Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

I have considered that - I do think it might.

I went for whiteā€¦just need a black Fraimā€¦

4 Likes

4 Likes

Peter changed mine over to the right angled plugs. I donā€™t have a Fraim, but use a SimRack, which is similar in layout with the three legs.

Yep - thatā€™s the Boo - maybe still a bit woody :man_shrugging:

The Klimax Radikal case does fit, even without the right-angled plugs but you need a bit of patience to connect it up if itā€™s at the bottom of your Fraim stack like mine is.

1 Like

:+1:t2::+1:t2: ā€¦hopefully an easy job. Although Iā€™ve never looked at the connections to the Urika - do you know if itā€™s something Iā€™ll be able to just unplug myself, or is it a hardwired Peter Bench job?

Mine is at the bottom too - itā€™s just fiddly is it?

1 Like

Could beā€¦against the black may not be quite rightā€¦

Yeah, it meant building the Brawn (Right side) up first as thatā€™s the side the LP12 sits on. It gives you the access you need to connect them up. The build up the Brain (Left side up. Itā€™s the top case overhang on the Klimax that makes connections tricky and also why a Powerline wonā€™t fit.

2 Likes

Stiletto thenā€¦ Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ :sob:

It really will be pure Darth Vader at that pointā€¦

1 Like

Gotcha. To be honest - itā€™s one of the real benefits Iā€™m feeling of Fraim. Access is easier than any rack Iā€™ve ever had - and taking levels off is a cinch.

I toyed with putting Radikal on Brain side - but went with Brawn.

Iā€™ve got a spare Powerline Lite that will fit - as obviously Linn donā€™t seem to bother with power cables (another missed commercial opportunity for them!)

1 Like

Looks very goodā€¦if a little Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£

3 Likes

Very easy, watched him do it. Five minute job, basically, just changed the plug housing, innards stay the same.

1 Like

Yep - did mine myself.

1 Like

So am I understanding correctly - itā€™s not even a new cable, itā€™s a new plug housing?

Two left thumbs here! ā€¦needs to be something a 10 year old could do!

1 Like

Well the new plugs come with their own internals. But as the internals from the standard plug are the same why go to all the trouble of soldering to the new internals. You just swap them (and, hence, the cables) over.

Have a chat with Peter. He can provide the plugs and advise. Alternatively, Iā€™m sure he will be happy to do it for you.

Thatā€™s correct, yes.

Just lose the aluminium leg altogether. The 8mm stud can still be used and bolted up tight.

9 Likes