Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

Having had both…no

No what?

No to “no audible difference”. There is a difference.

1 Like

Then our experiences differ.

2 Likes

So my ‘narrow rear legs’ should arrive in a few days time - I will post a picture then.

ATB, J

4 Likes

Please can anyone help and say - definitively - what colour is the fraim glass …
Say “tinted grey”, or whatever ?

Thanks in advance
R

Probably a question best asked of Naim HQ. Drop Naim support an email enquiry.

2 Likes

R
Okay, thanks for that suggestion
R

edit. enquiry sent :heavy_check_mark:

Yeah I agree there is an audible difference with Fraim… as with most racks. I think the audible difference with Fraim has a synergy with Naim products. Subtle but worthwhile.
Do I think Fraim is value for money? Quite frankly no.

8 Likes

This is a good point. For each of us, there will be a tipping point from VFM to luxury. I think the Fraim, while very good ( I have some and love it) is terrible VFM but a great luxury item. I wouldn’t be without it.

I also think my state of the art MTB’s are terrible VFM but great luxury items. I wouldn’t be without these either.

In my opinion, most Naim items, bought new, fall into the luxury category. As with many luxury items, they also happen to work exceptionally well at what they do, including Fraim.

3 Likes

Ok, i have to ask…to me MTB = Motor Torpedo Boat…guessing it means something different to that
here?
:thinking:

3 Likes

Mountain bikes

1 Like

ah yes ok. Silly of me when i have a 30 year old Orange Elite and a pair of much newer Whyte MTB’s in my bike shed… :roll_eyes:

I think you knew really … and just wanted a reason to make us jealous. (Which I am btw…)

2 Likes

Yep, as BrendanD says, it’s mountain bikes.

1 Like

i was trying to think of ‘MTBs’ in relation to audio stuff…

:laughing:

:wink:

Loved the old “naked” finish of Orange mountain bikes and the frame geometry.

Modern fully suspended ones don’t do it for me.

yes, my old Orange Elite is “naked” alloy and beefy tubes, unlike the E2 that replaced it.

Super stiff and rigid rear triangle meant is was perfect for powering up climbs. 30+ years ago i would beat others to the top of the mountain on trips the the French Alps and the Greek Mountains, as well as all the usual off-road places in England and Wales. Brilliant to climb to the top, but VERY uncomfortable descending fast on rough terrain with no give in the rear of the frame. I now suffer from bad arthritis in all my limb joints (have had total joint replacement on left knee, and the right is not far behind), i often wonder if it was a consequence of all the mad & rough downhill descents on that rigid frame 30+ years ago!

1 Like

I ride a 10-year-old Trek Roscoe that is a hard tail.

Great for climbs as you say, of which there are plenty on my route to work and back.

To make it more forgiving on potholes, I added a Thudbuster seatpost that takes a lot of the hammering off my 60 year old body for £175.

1 Like