Naim in 2024 - what do you really really want?

The NAIT 50 is a pretty powerful little beast.

Would you settle for a CD player and streamer?

Sadly, I believe that Naim have moved on from making new CD players.

2 Likes

Replacement for the current 500-series.

Format: Shrunk Statement format: Pre and 2x power monoblocks w/ no external PS in the Statement vertical, floor-standing format. Then one Fraim or other rack can handle the rest: streamer, ps for streamer if need be, turntable, phono stage, and ps for phono stage if need be.

2 Likes

Another vote for a CD transport here

7 Likes

If I ever should buy a Naim CD player again (unlikely due to doorstop scenario) it should be CDi or CDS - they were stunning players with a cool look.
Head and shoulders above most competition back then.

2 Likes

Apparently when withdrawn CDS3 and CD555 sales were negligible, so it just doesn’t fit there business model.

I too would like to see the NC 500 series in 2024. Given the recent arrivals of the NC 200 and NC 300 ranges, I find it incomprehensible that the oldest Naim product range is unlikely to be updated until 2026 at the earliest, especially given that the DAC chips in the ND 555 are out of production. Has Naim really stockpiled enough of these chips to satisfy forecast demand for the next 3 years?

But it has to offer an obvious improvement.

That goes without saying.

Please allow turning off of Tidal, Qobuz, Internet Radio and USB from the input menu. Unsure why these are forced on. I’d like to only scroll between Roon, Digital 3 and Phono from the remote on the 333.

I am thinking of a Atom HE to fir alongside my Nait 50

Somewhere along the way this thread went from vaguely plausible product desires to fantasy land wishes that people must know have zero chance of fruition.

Since we are playing that game, I’ll give a fantasy land wish: For 2024, Naim ditch the NC styling and go back to simple elegant Original Classic design, or something as timeless.

OTOH, the NC design is very much a product of the time. I am very confident it won’t last 20 years.

10 Likes

Shoebox streamer. Back on track.

I have this hope that by repeating this over and over our wish will come true.

2 Likes

It’s something that might tempt me too. Of course that wouldn’t make sense as part of a product range unless there was a matching amp, which there isn’t at present.

Nait 50?

It’s a one-off 50th anniversary product with no system automation and a volume control not designed to work with modern digital sources. Sure, it would work for some people, as would an original Nait or Nait 2, but a modern streamer needs a modern amp designed to work with it for any brand that wants a product range that makes sense.

I get the point - makes total sense.

I’d love a shoe box range. Base it on a revamped Dac-v1, with a cd transport, power amp (nap 100) and a network player. Of course the Uniti Core fits this already. All the tech is there.

2 Likes

I strongly suspect we’ll see the what is effectively the Nait 50 & Atom HE repackaged along with a few bells & whistles in to the NC livery to provide two shoebox units sitting under the 200 range

3 Likes

How about a new DBL speaker. Made with newer drivers but exactly same design and build as before.

3 Likes

Is 1973 (ea) a verified production number? Seems like they woulda sold out already.