Naim knock-offs on the well known auction site!

Hi @Naim.Marketing

Some people just want to take advantage of a companies naim/name!

Although our name is a wonderful Julian Vereker pun, Naim is also a boy’s name, of Turkish origin - means ‘to be contented’, which seems appropriate :grinning:

3 Likes

Thats for the gardening topic, I’m afraid. But if you meant ‘Guacamole’, the ‘what are you preparing for dinner tonight’ please.

1 Like

Tell me about it… I’m looking somewhat gloomily at the lawns here. I was up in London over the weekend and the moles appear to have invited all their mates over and had a party on the lawn in my absence…

1 Like

Saves you using an aerator…

I’m thinking more along these lines…

mole slippers

One pair of slippers that the dogs will be very excited to fetch…

8 Likes

I think the only place Naim would have a place to stand is in use of their actual logo, and/or if the gear is an exact replica, which so far I haven’t seen. And again not defending, just bringing some reality to the table as this is an area I’ve had to deal with in my own work. Otherwise it’s like saying one could never use the word Nirvana on a shirt, etc. or even in a description. In my dealings, it’s usually only when it’s used in the same font as their logo that legal steps in.

Keep in mind, no DIN=no Naim. Only true Naim-ites want to deal with the idiosyncrasy of DIN connections!

2 Likes

They would go very well with my moleskin trousers :smile:

1 Like

'ear, 'ear!

My yard is eat up with moles, so if you have any DIY suggestions, let me know.

Old British TV advice on dealing with moles (the cartoon work is a modern addition, I couldn’t find one with the original video stream).

1 Like

You know how folk like to get fancy tattoos of some obscure encrypted language.
Well in China there’s a trend for folk to wear t shirts with English profanity emblazoned on them, which the wearers are most probably completely unaware of.

F6A7E0B2-2866-4ECC-A792-06169C94D750-175-0000002281E6A088

2DF6BC55-D75C-4B4D-B220-3CA8738934CD-175-00000022CFE16788

4 Likes

Brace yourself for a double lawsuit from Albanian actor Naim Nova :open_mouth:

How close is this?

It was on the eBay link I mentioned.

Ref referring to eBay
I will call it eBay if we are allowed to? I was merely assuming we were not allowed to mention the specific site due the forum trading/advertising rules.

2 Likes

I’d seen similar on the usa ebay site but hadn’t seen that in Europe, and had thought that the laws here were more restricitve.

They ( ebay) need a sharp word spoken to them, by Naim’s lawyers.

It is China bruss, not eBay. Once you get it done on eBay it will simply come via Ali E.

Ok, THAT level I’ve never seen before and is what I’m talking about Naim going after vs the bodged 152/200 into one box ‘based on’ $300 jobs I mostly see which could never be confused by even the most naive as actual Naim. Perhaps I just glossed over it as I’m not really in the market for anything like that since I got my CB 160BD but do glance casually just for fun.

Ok, just saw the combined one in a ‘Naim’ case. But with a description like this, how could one resist?

“SK version features Complete NAP200 & NAC152XS circuit Our team has a general re-enactment version of the NAP200 & NAC152XS for reading, with a complete circuit schematic, non-online a large number of incomplete circuit works comparable!” (and of course not a DIN connector in sight)

This “not mentioning” or “not linking to” stuff is pathetic. I’ve got some criticism of Naim being a 40 year customer, but will want to publicise fake stuff even using the word “Naim” in the advert, as 90% of what Naim does Im onboard with, the 10% i don’t like is from the venture vulture owners. Does Naim want loyalty or what? Its always my recommendation product to interested people.

These sites should be catalogued and shamed. BMW are looking into legal action against Chinese car manufacturers

2 Likes

Naim could head that problem off by making them a brand ambassador😉