Naim Olive

Or any ‘other’ 5 pin 180 deg DIN to DIN lead of decent quality, such as say, Chord… :slightly_smiling_face:

can the 62 phono cards be mounted on the 72?

Yes. I used my N boards from my 62 in my 72

2 Likes

is the genuine snaic interconnect 5 - 5 pin 180 ° cable to connect the cdx to the nac72 only gray or is there also black?

Snaics are both grey and black. Black are newer.

The FAQ on SNAIC and Interconnect ID could be of help;

1 Like

where can i find that batman?

Project Olive continues…

This arrived in the post today. Managed to find (acquire) an original Naim owners manual, for Olive period - late 80’s to early 90’s.

Also includes a FREE loose flyer, with advice for “BNC plug assembly instructions”, for use with rear panel BNC connectors.

It’s near mint and delightful to browse.

19 Likes

That looks like the earlier cb one?

I think the later Olive one p14 shows the Nap 140?

According to Naim product history…

NAC62 began 1988 and NAP140 in 1986. Both present on pg 14-15.
However, NAC72 started 1989. Not yet present on pg 14.
Therefore, this manual likely to be 1988.

a huge system

8 Likes

Not compared to some on this forum!

Yup, that’s a chrome bumper period manual (note, NAC32.5, NAT101 & SNAPS) from around 1987 - still, a lovely thing though!

3 Likes

Hi @ratrat

There were several different naim ‘Black Cover’ manuals. Here is the original one with the 72 page.

These A5 size manuals were my starting point when I redesigned the whole set for the Olive era.

The Preamplifers manual covered the 52, 82, 72 and 92, here is the 72 page.

13 Likes

@GeoffC Thanks for all that. What a treat to see those.
My Hi-Fi OCD just went into stratosphere :chart_with_upwards_trend:

BW
R

3 Likes

@GeoffC
Geoff - thinking about this - you might be able to help?
Can you help and explain any details around when versions of the owners manual were changed and updated, with 72.

So, here is the context. The manual I have was originally supplied with a NAC72.
(An early version like mine).
Separately, I have learned Naim didn’t introduce details for the 72 into the black booklet style manual until later, maybe at the point the CD DIN input was added (around 1992).

So, for a period, the manual was shipped with the 72, but doesn’t mention the product specifically. It has been explained to me that it was similar to the 32.5 which was included.

It’s all interesting, if you have Hi-FI OCD like me. Maybe others have the same curse :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi @ratrat, I read your post late last night and I prepared a reply early this morning - glad to see you found it of interest. My work schedule now won’t allow me to reply properly at this time but I will as soon as I can. :+1:

1 Like

Just the ones I have with different kit.

The first little black books, the covers area all the same. CB Nait 2 and CB 250 CB 32.5 and Hicap are all the same page content.
The Olive has only the 72 pre amp but covers the Hicap and all power amps. The 82 has its own separate booklet. The 52 is also listed as having its own separate booklet.

The larger white covers, the pre amp covers all of the Olive pre amp range from 52 down to the 92.
I also have a similar power amp manual that lists 90, 140, 180, 250 and 135.

The Blue cover power amplifiers covers as shown in the pic - complete range at the time.
The only other ‘classic’ manual I have is for the Nait 5i.

I don’t have any manuals for later ‘classic’ series pre amp separates. Were there any or were they all online?

5 Likes

@bruss
Oh guys, you’re all spoiling me.
Keep it coming. These things are lovely to see.

Here’s a few more of the lovely Naim manuals and brochures.

Outer, left to right: Nov 2000 price list, classic product guide, multi-language owners manual, owners manuals loudspeakers, power amplifiers, power supplies, Preamplifier, CD players, nac 102 supplement, Olive product guide, April 2001 price list.
Middle: top-product brochure, middle left supercap manual, right owners manual, bottom - the pint mini connection guide.

Closing in -

Product brochure on nac 72 page, A4 manual On nac 72 page and black A5 manual on nap 140 page.

Love having these in my possession. Hats off to @GeoffC for his part in producing them.

13 Likes