Naim Olive

Identical to the ones I have. Date code was 86172, also not bulging or leaking electrolyte.

Not sure why I’ve kept them.

1 Like

Look the same as my old hi-cap from 1989

Olive 72 + 92 Preamps / brochure photograph

13 Likes

In My NOT So Humble Opinion, the olives are still the loveliest looking Naims!

But then, I am biased, and happy to be so :grin: :grin: :grin:

10 Likes

Love to see the brochures. I started with name shortly before change of CB to olive. Good old days. :slight_smile:
Nicest Naim series :slight_smile: :grinning:
I also am a bit biased… just listening to olive right now :grin:

I don’t think you can beat seeing a bank of NAP135s in a six pack system. 3 NAP 500s is just not the same.

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t know…

2 Likes

Just picked up a mint 72 from 1990 from a nice UK seller to compare to my 102.

15 Likes

just found these old 80s bad quality snaps

11 Likes

I also have 72 from around 1990. have to correct… I have them ever since :slight_smile:
Several years ago I checked in against 82 and liked the 72 more.

6 Likes

great little amp had mine for about 14 years first with nap 180 and hicap then bought nap 135 in 2001 then replaced 72 with a 52 in 2002 loved the half width look in olive

2 Likes

NAC62 / Hicap / NAP250 - serviced in 2019 plus NAT01 (unfortunately Naim told me that this device can no longer be serviced)

Since this is my first post here I will also use it for a short introduction. My first Naim was a CB Nait 2 in 1989. Some olive gear came shortly afterwards: NAC72, Hicap, NAP140 and NAT02. At the zenith of my ‘Naim career’ I had NAC72, Hicap, a pair of NAP135 monos and IBLs. In 1997 I swapped the speakers for quite expensive Italian speakers and the music was gone. Many other amplifiers, speakers and tuners followed - exciting and instructive times but also musically unsatisfactory. And I sold all my Naims when market prices were low - my own fault, I know.

In the meantime I am back at Naim and also intend to stay there. In other words: I am now back where I already was thirty years ago. Btw. the ‘back to Naim process’ was triggered by an olive Nait 2 (H&F model) I bought 2 or 3 years ago…

Next steps: The digital frontend will be replaced by a ND5 XS2 or a NDX2 if my budget allows it.

And yes, I know that a 250 deserves more than a Planar 6. It is a ‘placeholder’ for a LP12 waiting in the dealer’s ‘Karousel-pipeline’. However, I don’t miss anything with the Rega. Not the best turntable money can buy but soundwise it fits well.

Other olive Naim gear I own: Nait 2, NAP140 - both serviced; NAC72 - waiting for a service.

26 Likes

Can’t service the NAT 01? :open_mouth: :confused:

@NeilS

To the best of my knowledge we can still do basic service work on all tuners.

Regards
Neil.

7 Likes

Hi Neil,

in November 2017 I received this from the service department: ‘I am sorry we no longer have all the parts to Service this Tuner, sorry, so its not possible to Service’.

Anyway, I would appreciate if a service of this fantastic tuner is still possible.

1 Like

I’ve made some enquiries - nobody can understand why that would have been said. Somebody got their wires crossed.

To reiterate - yes, Naim can still service 01 tuners!

Regards
Neil.

12 Likes

Excellent looking system, I have all Naim olive as well with Linn Keilidh speakers
I am also looking to introduce a ND5 XS2 soon so will be watching your posts with interest to see how you get on.
Keep enjoying the music. I’ve just had a wonderful afternoon listening to Egberto Gismonti. My new (to me) Hicap has done wonders for my system.

1 Like

Had my nat 01 serviced in august 2019 £ 609 inc postage

3 Likes

Looks like a lovely well balanced system. Always a fan of the olive shoe boxes. Don’t have any myself at the moment though!

2 Likes

Just a heads up - I have scanned in the Olive 52 preamp picture from the same brochure as the others I posted here, so after a bit of clean up, it should be added here on Sunday/Monday.

1 Like