Naim Olive

Welcome, a lovely looking system and look forward to reading about and seeing your new additions when they are added to your system. What speakers are you currently using?

1 Like

It came as a shock when I read @Veltliner’s post that the NAT01 could no longer be serviced. Mine is currently at the factory being looked at…

2 Likes

This is interesting because Darran who intended to send it to the factory for the adjustments received the same answer. Still have the emails from 2017…

However, good news. Very good news.I will book a service via my dealer.

1 Like

Thanks, a Stirling LS3/5a V2 is connected at the other end of the NACA5.

2 Likes

Olive 52 + 82 Preamps / brochure photograph

19 Likes

I think that’s a NAC82, which had the plastic cover over the remote sensor. On the NAC52 it was integral with the fascia.

Early 52s had the cover over the IR sensor on the fascia. A good reminder to re-read Malcolm’s review of the original NAC52…

9 Likes

Sorry, my mistake. Perhaps I should have said my 52 had the flush fascia, whereas my 82, which preceded it, had the plastic cover. I think it looked better without the cover.

I shall read the review later, but the 52 was a tremendous preamp, only upstaged by the 552 in my view.

@Clive That is something I didn’t notice, or was aware of - with a quick search I found some with ‘flush’ sensors on the fascia.

Having just read Richard’s explanation and the article attached, that makes sense, plus I am positive Paul S made sure we had the right box for the photograph!

I don’t know why my nac82 that I just acquired has the remote sensor integral with its fascia :thinking:

9 Likes

I thought it wasn’t for remote control, but a sensor for blutooth connecting to the internal 5XX streamer board.

1 Like

I assume it came with the fascia colour change for both 52 and 82. think that fascia is the same piece.
Don’t know the exact date but must be after 1995 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thank you very much for your info. I believe this one is year 1998 from its serial number.

I have an 82 from 1993, And it has the plastic cover over the remote sensor.
Don’t know when they made the change though.

1 Like

My 52 from mid/end 1995 has brownish colour and the plastic cover, which doesn’t bother me for a second :slight_smile:

1 Like

52 is my wish

Interesting, on my NAC52 serial : 112XXX
IR is not included in the front frame.

1 Like

Same as mine … 112xxx number as well :slight_smile:. Brownish olive.
By the way … I have Sbl and maple Fraim as well
The naim audio logo is also lighted brighter in the later ones.

1 Like

I purchased mine after powering my 82 with a supercap.
As it seemed under used on the 82

1 Like

Olive fans, I have currently a cd5i to spin the occasional disk. Would an olive CDX be better? I’m aware of all the reasons not to get it of couse - like impossibility of servicing, age etc …

Aiming for a full Olive system. Visual Harmony.