Naim Olive

Tom Tom Audio offers new 522/523 phono boards on their site.

Thanks - found them as well, but I did not found if they are new ones.

What NAC are you using?

1 Like

We have a brand new Olive system in the kitchen…

9 Likes

Like this?

Cds2/01/52/135s
David

35 Likes

Lovely!

Having just read you system profile, I see that you mention your NAT01 has been upgraded with ‘RSL cards’. What are these, please?

Probably not something that can be discussed without breaking forum rules…

Anyone a hint on the 523k phono cards mentioned above to be really factory new ones?
If so I will buy them to be prepared when re-activating my phonosophie 3 TT.

AFAIK Naim stopped making new NA5xx cards some years back. However, there should be plenty out there, secondhand, and possibly even some NOS still in dealers hands. Older ones can also be serviced by Naim.

That was a well written review of the NAC 52 and perfectly describes the characteristics of the pre-amplifier.

I have to say after a recent service I am gob smacked at what this amplifier does.

There are elements to this amplifier which I do not believe even the 552 can better. Having said the I haven’t heard the 552 in an all 500 series setup (It was paired with nap135s for about 18 months in my last setup).

1 Like

I’ve already posted these photos on System Pics 2020 thread - but here you go in case you haven’t looked at that thread: classic 52/SC/135 Olive system.

14 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

I’ve just bought myself a lovely recently serviced olive 62/140 pair, with cables, instruction manual and from the original owners :+1:

11 Likes

My main system with new Fraim:

Those Olives are still rocking after all these years.
CDS2/XPS/82/250/Supercap/SBL MKii (Hornslett cabinet)/Fraim.

26 Likes

Yeah @Graeme they look mighty fine!

1 Like

My lovely 62/140 pair, bought from the original owner of 28+ years recently serviced and with some lovely cables from Flashback, it is looking and sounding mighty fine so far.

Once I get all the system up and running (for my second system) it will have many years of loving ownership ahead of it :+1:

21 Likes

Congratulations Graeme, they do look fabulous and look great in your room!

1 Like