Naim Olive

The ibls need much more power. If you listen to acoustic guitar or recorder music, the 140 might be sufficient but anything else sounds better on the sbls downstairs. I had the ibls hooked up with an ixo and 2x 200, that was much better.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have just upgraded from my very lovely NAC62 to a superb quality, recent Class A serviced NAC82 - it’s great!!

Quick question - I need 522 MM boards for it - will my newly serviced 322 MM boards in my 62 fit?

19 Likes

Only 500 series boards will fit - either 522 or 523. For MM you need the 522’s.

Welcome to the 82 club… I have had mine since 2010 and still love it…!!

3 Likes

Thanks - I thought that.

I saw someone selling a 72 with a set of 522 MM boards and was questioning my own sanity!

1 Like

Possible - but 522’s (if thats what they really are) will not fit a 72…!!

I have a 82 - and own both 522 N & 523 E boards for it - not fitted at the same time, obviously…!

1 Like

I have a spare set of 526 boards with it when I got it.

I’ll keep the search up for a not overpriced pair of 522’s - I find the Naim boards to be really good.

My 523’s cost me £65-00 on eBay UK, in July’21. They are out there…

I have been using Naim built-in phono boards since having my 42, back in 1983… :grinning:

2 Likes

Keep hold of those 526 boards. I’ve been after the 326 version for one of my 72s. Impossible to find. Although remaking the links is cheaper, it’s just not as flexible.
It might be worth a call to some dealers over 523 or 522 boards. Seen even less on ebay than their 323 and 322 cousins.
Although I’ve got a pair of 322, 323K and 323E boards already.

4 Likes

NA 526 - is that the straight through cards?

What do you plan to use - source - to play music with the NAC82 ?

2 Likes

‘Only’ 3 sets…??? 322 N, 323 E, 522 N, 523 E here… :astonished:

Me too :thinking:
In the end, I gave up searching. (Rare as hens teeth). So, made some new PCB clones myself instead.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry. After I wrote it, I realised I wasn’t trying hard enough. Perhaps a set of S types as well?
My other 72 had the links remade when serviced as I used an external phono stage with that one. But my son uses it now and has zero intrest in vinyl ( yet).

1 Like

On this system, I use vinyl, streaming, CD/DVD, and have it connected to a DAC for my TV/Amazon Prime :+1:

1 Like

All the sources. Nice
What phono stage is in use with NAC82 for vinyl

1 Like

As mentioned in the messages I am looking for NA522 mm cards for it.

Sure, got that bit :+1:
Just wondered if you were using anything else, in the meantime?

Or are you using the NAC62 in the house.
Just curious

1 Like

I have a cheap but decent one arriving tomorrow that will get me going until I find cards - and stop me paying too much for them in a hurry :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

72/Hicap and newly purchased 250 boxed and ready to go for service.

11 Likes