Naim Olive

I bought an 82 and boxed up the 72.

Six months later, I sold the 72.

No regrets at all.

5 Likes

Burn the witch !!!

:grinning:

Ignore the ‘now you must get’ comments, you’ve got a lovely system and I bet sounds great, and more importantly, brings you immense pleasure!

If you want to go further that’s fine, there’s lots on here that’ll give advice, wanted or not! :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks it does sound great. Adding the Hi-Cap to the 72 when I used it with the 140 was amazing. The 250 added bass to the system and it is so easy to listen to now. Hoping the 82 will add something new, worst case I will sell it on - or look to set up a second system somewhere.

2 Likes

I swopped a 72 for a 82 and sold the 72 on. Both excellent sources, can’t go wrong with either.
I mean, Bowie still sounded like Bowie & Joy Division like Joy Division if you get my gist :+1:

6 Likes

82 should arrive on Tuesday. Will be exciting to hear the difference and understand if it is a positive change. What matters to us all is all how things sound to us.

2 Likes

I think you will be amazed.

1 Like

I hope so, but the results will be judged by my ears.

I wonder if the seller is on this forum

Your 82 should come with a NAPSC - indeed it will not work without one - it is not optional, unlike for the NAC 102 (or 202 for the later models)

3 Likes

It is listed as having one and it was in the pictures.

I bought a 42-5 recently just to have on display….

It certainly does have the benefit of making the other units look better.

8 Likes

You will be smiling……

Here is my shout out to the Olive system….had the 82 from new.

Darran serviced it during Covid as be did with the hi caps and 250. My CDI died so had to go with the CDX and XPS.

The SBLs sound great and quite a few upgrades on the LP12 is now my source of choice.

As an aside and one of the best upgrades I have done and just as expensive was to get fitted for some hearing aids. The difference was transformative……before I had the HAs I bought some new tweeters for the SBLs as I thought they had gone off….they are now sitting in the unopened box. I can now hers cymbals, hi hats and all those frequencies between 2 and 8k……

11 Likes

I always enjoy Mr Meredith’s dry flashes of humour!

YouTube recommended for me a clip by a young man with the pseudonym ‘Francis Bourgeois’ who posts train spotting videos and displays heartwarming enthusiasm and passion for his subject.

I feel the same whenever I see a picture of an olive or CB stack with an LP12. I’m not capable of exhibiting, filming or posting that so don’t worry!

1 Like

I bought a pre-loved NAC82, from TomTom, back in 2010. One of my best ever Naim buys…!! Still have it. Brilliant preamp… IMO…!!

5 Likes

All the positive comments just make me wish the days away till I get this 82. Started thinking how to use the old stuff too. Need to work on my partner to see if I can fit it in somewhere

:olive:

20 Likes

Tuner looks so nice, always wanted one.

1 Like

The NAT02 sounds terrific; worth the effort to find one.

3 Likes