Naim on delay with equipment delivery

Well…just awoke, turned on music, screen blank…playing as I shot pic…well…unplugged and it woke…sheesh…

I would guess it would depend on how hard it’s being driven (and how tough the speakers are to drive), the ambient temperature, how much air is allowed to circulate, and how much internal processing is being done (hence try with server mode off).

Re. cabling, while the Unitis and NAITs are much more tolerant of speaker cabling, very low inductance or high capacitance cables should probably still be avoided, as they may well result in hot running.

AFAIK all Naim amps have a thermal trip on them to protect the electronics from excess heat (IIRC it comes in above 70 degrees C on the amps, not sure on the Unitis). Are you saying this should not be necessary?

Airedog, if it persists, I would have a chat with your dealer and get the unit checked.

It’s baaaaaaack…and oh….it’s a physical experience. My heart is jumping…the sound is impeccable. These Focal Chora 816s (at 2 for the price of 1) must have been the steal of the year. They are really impressive. I pounded them yesterday…they were up for it.

1 Like

@airedog - and as per the other thread, you are using AQ Type 5, which most likely has high capacitance.

2 Likes

Slight mod…I have placed the motion absorbing pads for under washing machines under the Nova. They are rubber or whatever so I’m watching the temp. We’ll see how this works. I can also drill holes under the Nova for circulation. Or…you know…trade it on on a SN3 and NDX2… :hot_face:

I really would pay heed to the comments re cables. I’ve run my Nova VERY hard - even in high temps - and it’s never once tripped the thermal cut-out. I’m using NAC A5 and it’s sitting on a humble Naim Fraim shelf (not a Fraim, just the shelf/supports)

3 Likes

I’m going to grab a pair. And a Powerline. It’s only dirty money.

What will the ice cream industry do ?

Yeah, not long at 70 ish volume and it’s getting pretty warm. I turned down to 40 to see if it moderates the temp.

Is this right? Naim Audio NAC-A5 Speaker Cable – Upscale Audio

Yep, that’s the one!

1 Like

And what minimum length do I need?

We shipped 4m lengths with the recent Uniti/Focal systems we created - we tested with all combinations and found this worked really well.

3 Likes

That Naim takes so much care to get the best sound, even with their lower/entry systems is one of the many things that I really like about Naim.

2 Likes

And Focal. I’m running, embarrassingly, the cheapo Chora 816s. Lol…and they are just loving the Nova. Pretty crazy really. I thought once I got the Nova speakers would immediately follow. I thought the 816s were going to be exposed. Nope. I mean, these are quite sufficient. …for now… :rofl:

2 Likes

As I understand it, the Uniti range was a key product set when tuning Chora speakers. and there are even some design synergies, too - they look/sound really good together

3 Likes

Really thrilled with them and the Nova.

1 Like

I think if such an image were to be used…

The June news update by my dealer Signals on their website gives the latest from Naim…….anything between 8 and 18 weeks if your dealer has no stock.

We sent an update out to dealers earlier. Slight error in your number - many products on 6 week lead time