Naim owners Artwork

We’ve just hung our 30th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves. Three Paul Furneaux ‘Mokuhangu’ laquered boards ‘Orange Rain, Pink Rain & Red Rain’. One for each of our children, when we go.

G

11 Likes

Difficult to get a good shot. By a local artist.

11 Likes

Beautiful image, whos the artist and what’s the medium?

Have nothing like this subject on our walls. Walking past a gallery’s window in December and this oil had pride of display under the spotlights. Art is about memories and this will remind of that impulsive purchase. Walked in 10 mins before shutting, bought it, had a glass of fizz, wrapped and out in a few minutes.

15 Likes

His name is Alan Flood. He did a number on the theme of Koi. Some more impressionistic than others. At the time I could only afford the small one I have. The larger ones were about 1.5m square.

I think it’s acrylic

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll look the artist up.

My mate is an artist and focuses on British Subcultures.

Got a lot of prints around the house but had this framed recently - a graphic illustration of Ocean Colour Scenes “Moseley Shoals” album:

Limited to 10-pieces. 1/10 went to me, 2/10 went to the bands manager.

7 Likes

looks great- id be interested to know how to view their other work

1 Like

Not sure you’re allowed links on here but search for ‘Jaymo Kid’.

1 Like

This may be removed due to content (please don’t comment on the subject) but I would quite like this framed and put in the study. Pop art at its best, reflecting the times we live in.

17 Likes

This one is not hanging in my listening space but its a subject of interesting discussions about music.

4 Likes

january-storm-2014-pine-feroda-600x429

‘January Storm’ by Pine Feroda - a woodblock print collaboration from Devon, involving five artists. This large print captures the cliffs at Hartland, North Devon.

21 Likes

This is a negative print of one of Duffy’s pics for Aladdin Sane cover.

Apologies for odd angle but I really need to get some anti reflective glass on it!

19 Likes

It was on the occasion of the “Châteaux Bordeaux” exhibition organised by the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris that architectural painter Carl LAUBIN (UK) had the idea of bringing together the 61 Médoc wines of the famous 1855 classification on the same canvas.

And thanks to the Master of Wine (Rod) for enlightening us!

Is it spot the living one ?

I really like that. Not sure I’d trust Jim Morrison to mix me a drink though.

1 Like

Indeed, not many left alive.

1 Like

Couldn’t see any Rolling Stones?

1 Like

The only groups I can see are the Beatles and er ABBA

1 Like

There is another, the Bee Gees back centre!

2 Likes