Naim owners Artwork

I had four prints framed over a period of six months , at the back of my mind, I seem to remember him saying he was having difficulty obtaining non-reflective glass.
He’s aged 80 plus, so maybe he couldn’t put a large order in .

Certainly the supply chain has become fractured in more than one industry

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

7 Likes

Looked up picture glass prices, clear view (other names for same glass) is currently 4times the cost of basic picture glass. Can get very expensive. That said if I had a water colour painting it’s 100% worth the cost as it can eliminate UV. The very best museum clear glass (even more expensive) takes out all UV.

Horses for courses I suppose…

1 Like

Thanks - that’s a pretty steep rise - it explains it

Fortunately these are Giclee (that’s the only service I use for photos on the wall)

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

This is a painting from a local artist which I refer to as ‘Respondent Ripple’ :relaxed:

6 Likes

This is a limited edition Gordon Walters print. He was a NZ artist most famous for his abstract “Koru” series, of which this is an example. The word “ koru” is Māori for the tip of the growing fern.

11 Likes

GAMY (présumée Marguerite Montaut 1883-1936) Juvisy-Paris. De Lambert sur biplan Wright-Ariel

G

11 Likes

Wow! Just checked out your website.

What a wonderful archive of pop history - and beautifully shot photographs. Fabulous.

When I first saw that picture, I thought it looked familiar.

Only just realised it is similar to the cover of a book book I have.
Printed in 1920, it contains photos of destruction in Paris caused by German bombers and artillery.

4 Likes

Nice of you to say so.
I was very lucky to see some marvellous musicians many of which I still listen to.
Sadly several are no longer with us which saddens me. I still have some great memories though !

1 Like

Lucky find on Holiday in France last week. Bought directly from the photographer, Dudley Reed. His portrait of Mitsuko Uchida. Hard to photograph effectively, but hopefully it comes over ok. Now gracing a wall in my listening room. Cost a bit, but all proceeds are going to a charity for Ukraine, Help and Hope.

12 Likes

Mitsubishi Uchida. The motorised pianist.

2 Likes

12 Likes

That’s a truly modern/industrial predictive text! Certainly not what I started to type…

View to Lympne Castle by Brian Oxley

@Thegreatroberto assume you are familiar with the view.

10 Likes

Certainly am familiar with that view. Can almost pin point where the artist would have been to paint it too.

2 Likes

Latest one to be reframed. I imagine she’s pretty hard to get an autograph from, as she does a performance every 30 years, then disappears.

13 Likes

that does have a rarity value

1 Like

Is any of that going to charity I wonder?

I imagine not.

Good sentiment in the original though.

1 Like