Naim owners Artwork

That’s also a work of art

My Pollocks are a lot bigger than yours.

But is it the right way up?

2 Likes

Always

2 Likes

Since changing the system around, the artwork has gone back on the wall.

The top one is a collage of brands that make up the system; Linn — Naim — Kudos

The bottom is Hot Jazz FK59 by Franktisek (Frank) Kupka.

DG…

8 Likes

Love the collage. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Trying a Salon Art Wall style arrangement on the wall behind the equipment.
I’m quite pleased with the visuals, but it also seems to have a beneficial effect on the room acoustics.
I guess it’s helping with dispersion on what was just a plain, echoey expanse of wall beforehand.

15 Likes

Always think hanging paintings and photos that way is much more interesting.

2 Likes

A touch of art on a tight budget. The ‘Lady Emily’ sculpture is not as solid as she may appear (from a closing down sale). The metal musicians are a Trade-aid type of art from Haiti (made from an oil barrel lid) and the hand was my son’s first crack at some wire sculpture.

7 Likes

Plus one from a local artist in case there are any Mother of Dragon fans (about 83cm high)

7 Likes

I’m just about to cut the top out of an oil barrel to make a brazier. I’m not sure an afternoons engraving and cutting is going to look quite the same. Good work on the hand as well. :+1:

1 Like

The Bower Meadow (1871-72) Dante Gabriel Rossetti

Pre-Raphaelite, and on the musical theme (dulcimer and lute players)
Apparently there are three versions of this work, the first being pen and ink, the second in pastel, and the final being oil on canvas.
The ink version shows an angel (in background) holding a dove, the pastel; as in print form shown above ( i can’t afford the original ) with redhead girl in background holding an arrow which perhaps should be an Aro for this room. The later version has far more vibrant colouring, and interesting background detailing, was very tempted by this but slightly prefer the muted pastel.

The frame / mount / glass albeit smaller are the same choices as with my previous print of ‘The Music Lesson’ by Lord Frederic Leighton. The aged look walnut burl veneer lends some sincerity to the picture.
It’s a subdued piece but gives the room an aura of peacefulness and charm imho

10 Likes

8 Likes

We moved offices at work and my picture is now back up on the wall (apologies for the otherwise starkness!)

11 Likes

A qq if you don’t mind Count, wondered where you are sourcing your Artglass from?

Wessex Pictures.

Thx

The Blackmailer’s Smile by Ian Burke.

Interesting chap who was telling me some of his past, including being drawing master at Eton for a few years and about some of his well known students. One of which led to this piece!

3 Likes

Official merch from the fantastic Abbey Road Studios shop

6 Likes

We’ve had this statue for three years now. The planting around it is now sufficiently established to give a hint of the effect we were looking for:

‘Keeper of the Light’ by Jeremy Moulsdale

We have a smaller piece of Jeremy’s work but I am really taken with the scale of this piece which I first saw at a sculpture exhibition in the grounds at Beaulieu.

15 Likes