Naim owners Artwork

I saw some of his work last time I was in Castle Fine Art Cambridge.
We’ve got to know them quite well, bought rather too much there lately…:face_with_peeking_eye:

Not a great photo but I’m quite proud of this, oil painting I did when I was 18 … hopefully you might recognise him! :crossed_fingers:

Edit … yes I know the hands aren’t great :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Charlie Watts

2 Likes

Nope :joy:

Are you sure looks like Charlie to me. OK Herbert von Karajan then.

2 Likes

Yes, Herbert von Karajan :slightly_smiling_face: I think done from the cover of one of my parents albums, or maybe a magazine cover, can’t remember!

1 Like

I would paint a couple of drumsticks in and say it was a later period painting of Charlie Watts.

Yes I do see the resemblance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bought this caricature by Thorne-George at an auction a few years ago.

Can’t find any info on the artist, don’t know if it’s a person or persons.

Only info I can find, is the Royal Collection Trust has nine examples of his work.

3 Likes

Hi Ian2001. Lovely looking leopard prints.

1 Like

Thank you, they need re-framing , I bought them for ( I think £80 and £120 respectively) - there is a secondary market for them, on eBay but I haven’t seen them on offer.

5 Likes

Not anything of classic art, but just had these six album cover canvases delivered. All ready to go up over my set-up having moved it 10 days ago… 6 (for me…) classic, and impactful albums.

9 Likes

One of my own…:slightly_smiling_face:

Bez leaving the stage at the O2 Academy in Birmingham.

9 Likes

I like to support local artisans and this is by a potter in Folkestone. I have a couple of his raku pieces and saw this enchanting onion pot in the gallery window earlier in the week.

Gallery was closed on Tuesday so I called the owner’s number and he came down and opened up just to show me the piece.

Most of the time you can negotiate but since it was no more than the cost of filling my car up with premium petrol I paid the asking price.

Got the potters card and sent him an email telling him I had just bought this item and had a few of his pieces and loved his work. He was over the moon I had contacted him.

15 Likes

Showing appreciation is a much underused skill. I applaud you.

4 Likes

My favourite one is this old oil painting from the 1940s by Alexander Wilhelms. Alexander was a Russian revolution emigrant that stayed in safety in Finland from circa 1917 to 1944, then in the end of WWII moved yet further west into Sweden where he spent the rest of his life. I’ve seen some of his sailing ship paintings in the internet and think this one’s the nicest that I’ve seen. As far as I know he was a sea captain himself, thus the interest in ship paintings.

As for me, when I was a young kid in the 1970s I used to watch the Onedin Line series in TV and then somehow grew into the tall ships. They’re magnificient! I’m no sailor myself, but it doesn’t matter, does it? I’m no photographer either, the side light from the windows makes this painting look too pale. It’s much nicer really.

6 Likes

More like this?

4 Likes

Not quite that strong (dark), but more like it, yes.

1 Like

I thought maybe a bit too much, especially in the frame…trouble with ‘auto’ post-processing, lol.

It is a lovely evocative painting of being undersail in a rough sea.

1 Like