Naim owners Artwork

3 Likes

Intricate paper cut of original architecture of New Ash Green by local artist Sam Hickman.

@lamby2244

14 Likes

Love that! This one is opposite the Hifi.

10 Likes

Nice. I’d find space for it. Great photo too.

More craft than art I guess but I thought this was so very well put together by Irish artist Michelle Owens. Made from sea glass, it sits on top of my hifi.

5 Likes

Appropriate for this time of year. In oil by one of the finest painters in Britain today Timmy Mallett.

16 Likes

“utterly brilliant!”

1 Like

What a perfect portrait of a local hero! :heart:

1 Like

What do we think of the new portrait of The King then?

I feel it’s a terrific piece but rather a lot of red! And I don’t tend to go for red artworks.

6 Likes

I like it. I would imagine it would make more sense visually looking at it “in the flesh” it’s quite a large painting.

2 Likes

A cross-breed of Karajan and Telson-Thomas…? :slight_smile:

A good likeness, and a successfully different style of portraiture. I like it.

2 Likes

Refreshing portrait. Not one for anyone who thinks a portrait should look like a photograph. Red suggests he’s concerned about the planet and the butterfly suggests fragility. Clever stuff imo.

6 Likes

I like it too, although I’m not 100% convinced by the hands.

1 Like

Ah…The AI giveaway.

G

1 Like

I dunno, you can tell that signet isn’t coming off without some wire cutters…

1 Like

The portrait will be in view at the Philip Mould gallery until the 14th June.

1 Like

Here’s one of the original pieces of art which accompany each of the eight tracks on Adam Nutter’s guitar instrumental album, Badlands on Fire. Helps with side reflections too :slight_smile: That one is Timefall.

6 Likes

Can’t help but feel that the argument is misplaced, less about how ‘unflattering’ her portrait is and more about, well he’s not all that as a representative artist! (Imo of course…)

3 Likes

Your words are polite compared to some of the comments I’ve read – especially if the cultural aspects were reversed.

1 Like