Naim Uniti Nova- I Finally Pulled the Trigger

No, haven’t tried the NACA5. They are too stiff , the TQ silver II are easier to run.

I’ve had NAC A5 in past other make systems and agree, it’s way too stiff. I like the TQ Silver 2 flexibility,

1 Like

How serius is this speaker cable thing? I just bought a second hand nova with delivery in 2 weeks.
cant wait
I use the swedish supra cables. cab i keep using these or is there a risk of overheating?
I have another question. What diameter banana plugs fits in the nova? 4mm?
Any suggestions for a brand and type plug?

Hendrik1 from the netherlands

Some Supra cables are designed to have extremely low inductance, which would make them a poor match with a Naim amp. Try it, but you may find that you get better results from a cable that matches Naim’s requirements better. Perhaps your dealer can help here, maybe he can lend you some Naim cable to try?

4mm bananas are what you need. There will be a pair supplied with the Nova when new which you can use if they are still there.

I have commented numerous times on my Nova, when new, immediately overheating and shutting down with Audio Quest Type 5 cables. NAC A5 solved the problem. Stiff? That’s not a factor I consider in choosing cable. Sure. The Type 5 cables were really nice and flexible. Looked pretty. Just couldn’t play the Nova above 60dB or so.

The trick with NACA5 is not to treat it like a flexible cable, i.e. trying to just throw it on the floor. You have to carefully bend it into the desired shape, then you can also make it skirt the wall or go around corners. Which is actually pretty great as it stays in this shape, it’s simply a different way of working with it.

1 Like

I really need to get some for a comparison.

bought my nova yesterday and connected it .
bought new chord epic speaker cables too. incredible sound now form high res qobuz streams.
connected with chord power line.
the difference with my old set up is enormous.
Only the nas cannot not yet be found.

henk

2 Likes

Your Nova will be looking for a UPnP server. Presumably you have one running, either on the NAS or elsewhere on your network?

Over 12 months since I purchased my Nova and still improving in sound quality…strange animal this burn-in lark…

1 Like

I’m looking forward to getting an improvement from mine when I get my Power Line but am still waiting for it to arrive.
Apparently Naim have had a machinery breakdown which has delayed manufacture. They are hoping to be able to supply by the end of the month.
I’ll be satisfied with that for a few weeks and get a Townshend Seismic Platform next I think. Anyone on here tried one under a Uniti Nova?

For you it’s a dual burn in because of your 250.

…thats true, however I bought the 250DR at the same time as the Nova. Perhaps one burns-in faster than the other?

@Naim.Marketing or any of the Naim staff.

Can you give me an update on the Power Line availability please.
I ordered one from a dealer around 5 or 6 weeks ago but am still waiting.
I called Naim two weeks ago and the person that I spoke to explained that the manufacturer of the metal housings had a machinery failure that he was hoping would be fixed quickly and that they would be back in stock in one week (now one week ago).

I still haven’t received anything.
Can you give me an update please?

As mentioned on other threads, I am getting a comprehensive rundown of current lead times/production issues early next week, which I will then report back on here (we also plan direct dealer and consumer comms).

Worth noting that once we get the parts back in stock, we then need to make the actual products, including any backlog of orders (both as accessories and to go in box with the relevant products)

1 Like

Fantastic, thanks Claire, at least things are moving.
I’ll watch out for an update next week.

1 Like

Hi Claire, any specific update on the Power Line yet?

We have a strong stock of Powerlines part-made, waiting for the missing component (scheduled to arrive later this month) so they can then be completed and shipped.
I will get another update next week.
In the grand scheme of things, this specific component issue is a minor one

Ah ok, thanks Clare.

So, I got bored waiting for the Power Line and cancelled my order.
I went mad and bought an Audioquest Tornado High Current power cable which was delivered today.
I’ve only had a brief listen but WOW. You hear people say ‘game changer’ and think yeah right. I did until I heard this. I’ll report back with more details in a few weeks when it’s had a chance to burn in properly.
£1300 power cable on a Nova that only costs just over 3 times that might seem silly but I think it was worth it and it will still be ok when I upgrade from the Nova in the future.
I think that I might go for some Audioquest William Tell speaker cables next year. I’ll definitely give them a listen before buying though.
Next upgrade, when I get around to weighing each corner of the Nova, will be a Townsend Seismic Platform.