Naim Uniti Nova- I Finally Pulled the Trigger

Please tell how the Tellerium Silver 11 go with your system, thinking it may be a cost effective upgrade for my Nova .

The jury is out on my cables although I have never tried anything else on the Nova so have nothing to compare with. I might pick up some NAC A5 sometime to try.

I am finding that the system as a whole sounds a little thin, but in fairness I have done zero experimentation with speaker positioning so itā€™s unfair to judge really.
I need to spend some time on setting things up properly but will wait until my Power Line arrives, hopefully later this week.

I have bought a second system for the drawing room and. Mu-so second generation for the bedroom both of which I am over the moon with.

1 Like

I have my 3 meter pair of TQ Silver II for 6 weeks now and i am very proud of my purchase. They are perfect connecting my SN2/HCDR to my Focal Electra 1008 BEII. They have about 300 hours of playing time. Quality of fabrication is perfect. Soundstage is great from right to left and front to back. I have lots of details without losing the Naim PRAT. There is no harshness and bass is precise. I am very proud of my purchase and pretty sure you will be too but it would be wise to try them at home before buying if you can

1 Like

Have you tried NAC A5?
If so, how did the TQ Silver 2 compare?

Many thanks, giving a lot of thought to my system - itā€™s a little off from where I would like to sound. Streaming with material in the mid to high itā€™s perfect , less so with other material and I am thinking of a full PowerLine and Tellerium Silver Q 11 as a way of improving the sound of my Nova whilst retaining the speakers

No, havenā€™t tried the NACA5. They are too stiff , the TQ silver II are easier to run.

Iā€™ve had NAC A5 in past other make systems and agree, itā€™s way too stiff. I like the TQ Silver 2 flexibility,

1 Like

How serius is this speaker cable thing? I just bought a second hand nova with delivery in 2 weeks.
cant wait
I use the swedish supra cables. cab i keep using these or is there a risk of overheating?
I have another question. What diameter banana plugs fits in the nova? 4mm?
Any suggestions for a brand and type plug?

Hendrik1 from the netherlands

Some Supra cables are designed to have extremely low inductance, which would make them a poor match with a Naim amp. Try it, but you may find that you get better results from a cable that matches Naimā€™s requirements better. Perhaps your dealer can help here, maybe he can lend you some Naim cable to try?

4mm bananas are what you need. There will be a pair supplied with the Nova when new which you can use if they are still there.

I have commented numerous times on my Nova, when new, immediately overheating and shutting down with Audio Quest Type 5 cables. NAC A5 solved the problem. Stiff? Thatā€™s not a factor I consider in choosing cable. Sure. The Type 5 cables were really nice and flexible. Looked pretty. Just couldnā€™t play the Nova above 60dB or so.

The trick with NACA5 is not to treat it like a flexible cable, i.e. trying to just throw it on the floor. You have to carefully bend it into the desired shape, then you can also make it skirt the wall or go around corners. Which is actually pretty great as it stays in this shape, itā€™s simply a different way of working with it.

1 Like

I really need to get some for a comparison.

bought my nova yesterday and connected it .
bought new chord epic speaker cables too. incredible sound now form high res qobuz streams.
connected with chord power line.
the difference with my old set up is enormous.
Only the nas cannot not yet be found.

henk

2 Likes

Your Nova will be looking for a UPnP server. Presumably you have one running, either on the NAS or elsewhere on your network?

Over 12 months since I purchased my Nova and still improving in sound qualityā€¦strange animal this burn-in larkā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to getting an improvement from mine when I get my Power Line but am still waiting for it to arrive.
Apparently Naim have had a machinery breakdown which has delayed manufacture. They are hoping to be able to supply by the end of the month.
Iā€™ll be satisfied with that for a few weeks and get a Townshend Seismic Platform next I think. Anyone on here tried one under a Uniti Nova?

For you itā€™s a dual burn in because of your 250.

ā€¦thats true, however I bought the 250DR at the same time as the Nova. Perhaps one burns-in faster than the other?

@Naim.Marketing or any of the Naim staff.

Can you give me an update on the Power Line availability please.
I ordered one from a dealer around 5 or 6 weeks ago but am still waiting.
I called Naim two weeks ago and the person that I spoke to explained that the manufacturer of the metal housings had a machinery failure that he was hoping would be fixed quickly and that they would be back in stock in one week (now one week ago).

I still havenā€™t received anything.
Can you give me an update please?

As mentioned on other threads, I am getting a comprehensive rundown of current lead times/production issues early next week, which I will then report back on here (we also plan direct dealer and consumer comms).

Worth noting that once we get the parts back in stock, we then need to make the actual products, including any backlog of orders (both as accessories and to go in box with the relevant products)

1 Like