Naim Uniti Nova PE edition

Agree, should not have worded by definition. However, what I meant is that if you take the design ie ported, sealed, same driver technology i.e. all other things being equal, then a larger speaker will be more sensitive e.g compare ATC SCM 50 vs ATC SCM 150.

You have Apogee Scintillas for example that need at least Statement monos to work well and big horn like top Avantgarde that need 8 W tube amp to be driven . Both are big speakers.

And there are the LRS, small ribbons where they lowered the cost by omitting transformers to adapt to normal amps and instead require using better amps that can handle the load/current requirements.

And speaking of class D not one of the modules I tried could make the LRS perform - not even the 2 x 400W ncore modules - an old Nait 5 did a better job. I wonder if all that filtering on the outputs mess with the current delivery or damping factor.

2 Likes

Is anyone here who has actually heard the Nova PE and the Nova be interested in offering their opinion on the differences?

From what I’ve heard the PE has a somewhat different sonic signature.

Either way I’ve moved on from my Nova to a Burmester 082 just last month, literally a week before I heard the PE announcement :slight_smile:

A step that I don’t really understand, Burmester has a completely different character than Naim’s presentation of the music :thinking:

Please don’t let facts get in the way of opinions

Shame

Shame

Shame

3 Likes

:fax: :fax: :fax:

1 Like

:+1:

Presumably to your ears the Burmeister sounds better than the original Nova - as you indicate tgat you’ve heard, where does the Nove PE sit compared to both?

I haven’t listened to the Nova PE.
The Burmester is in a different league and quite the investment, but well worth it to me. It is considerably better than the Nova, again to me.

this thread is like the plague. anyone brought one yet to have a qualified opinion???

6 Likes

It’s probably a bit too new yet. There can’t be many out there apart from on demo at dealers. Last I heard was it would start to become available to customers this month.

2 Likes

Oh! But you said that from what you’d heard the PE has a somewhat different sonic signature - do you mean that was hearsay, or something you had read? If so where?

i have many fond memories of class D when i was young (many years ago) in my car with some hot chicks :joy:

5 Likes

Yes, if you like the Burmester sound then…:man_shrugging: I have personally heard their reference system and PRaT is in any case not their signature.

2 Likes

Burmester 082 is £10700 cf £4300 for the Nova so you would hope that there is an improvement in SQ

4 Likes

ha ha you could think that crispy duck brother
unfortunately, that isn’t how it works

3 Likes

Just a dealer of Naim and through another source, but I haven’t listened to the PE directly.

The pre amp section of the Nova is one area when compared to the Burmester 082 is no contest, the 082 is in a different league. I’d be surprised if there are any enhancements to the pre-amp section of the PE and understand the main changes are increase in power with the Class D topology.

I enjoyed the Nova for three years and it was time to say goodbye, and so I know how good it is. The PE I’m sure is nice, but to me the pricing seems a little too high.

:+1:

Agreed