Naim Uniti Nova PE edition

It seems to work well in Naim’s line heirarchy…

Systems are allowed to sound totally different and be appreciated for other charms.

7 Likes

Anyone actually been and listened to one of these yet?

ATB, J

If you read the thread you’ll find at least one person heard at the Bristol show and was happy with it, noting other people were as well, while one other person heard it (circumstances no detailed), and wasn’t impressed. But iI don’t think anyone has yet reported back after a proper audition.

1 Like

Is it shipping yet?

Yes.

Thank you @osprey for the enquiry and @Innocent_Bystander for the summary so far. In the end, that’s the question that really interests me. Only when I have read enough impressions and comparisons with other devices (such as Nova, 222/250) or heard them myself will I form a judgement.

I’m very sorry to report that the Nova PE got a favourable review on hifi nl.

!!! Yes, some people would see that as bad!

I doubt that there is a single person on this forum being the target of the Nova PE but I happen to have a professional football player as neighbour and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Nova PE to him so that he can drive big loudspeakers in his big living room without the need of a silly hifi stack in a corner

We only discuss my hedge and the kids though ….

2 Likes

Unfortunately, nowadays, 99% of the time the reviews are very favourable. Sad, but true.

5 Likes

That’s correct rooster, but it’s also possible to read between the lines and sometimes there is criticism hidden in it.

Regardless whether the review is true, I think tha Nova PE is marketed correct, but it’s an absolute mismatch to a hifi forums audience.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

As one reviewer once said, [paraphrased] “It’s tedius and awful to spend hours listening to crap that gets on your nerves, so it make sense that reviewers pre select gear they expect to enjoy. Anything they have prior reason to suspect might be bad won’t even get on the shortlist.”

Well if I check the system pics topic, I usually see hifi racks in modest rooms. The Nova PE seems to be targeted at wealthy folks having larger houses with bling loudspeakers. I’m sure there are many wealthy people on this forum but e.g. a large living room with modest KEF blades is not amongst us.

Personally I like a large room for music (though “large” is relative), and I find that decent speakers inevitably are big. I also consider visible racks to be ugly, some vulgar, and prefer gear to be as discreet as possible, e.g. inside a cupboard…

I think that for an all-in-one the Nova PE makes every sense IF it sounds good (many people seemed to consider it to be inherently wrong and not worthy of Naim because of its Class D amp, which is nonsensical without knowledge of how it sounds), so it is interesting for there to be a review, though more real experiences/reviews are needed for a fuller picture. If sound quality is right it is no less a valid product for anyone, on this forum or not, than is the original Nova, the choice simply being down to power amp requirements. But it is not for me (nor is the original Nova) as I do not like the all-in-one approach, preferring the flexibility of separate components,

5 Likes

I would add to that: if they did start to publish reviews of stuff they didn’t like, nobody would be that interested and they would soon be out of a job.

1 Like

also read the article and reading between lines (as You mentionned), I got the feeling the reviewer (who largely proved before he can deliver real in depth made reviews and certainly also rereading the hifi.nl reviews of similar products as Lyngdorf, Nad) was confronted with a little doubt how to position the Nova Pe within the whole Naim product range and how to come to the end conclusions.

As a minus, mentionning the Nova Pe is only available in black, and that considering it’s a Naim product, a bit bizar ?

Of course, getting for a demo Yourself is always the best. Sure a market for such device exists. As I wrote before, price level of the Nova Pe compared to other brands (as the Lyngdorf TDAI 3400) is rather high.

1 Like

I’d need to hear it but from everything that has been said it appears to be very overpriced.

I could be wrong but I don’t get the sense that anyone is gushing about it, albeit early days.

2 Likes

Please delete the link if not allowed but this, to me, seems to be a sensible, logical and balanced review of the new PE - it’s also positive. I used the translate function in Safari/Google to read it. They also have reviews (with measurements) of other equipment including the Star and Nova to give you a comparison/baseline.

6 Likes