Naim Website First to Hear 8.5.2019

With external power supply and twin burndies, one for each cassette mechanism motor.

3 Likes

Lol. Yes. Exactly. Cassettes are the new vinyl of 2019.

1 Like

Of course it all makes sense - a 500 series tape deck to properly take on Nakamichi. Naim have even timed the event to roughly coincide with the new Vampire Weekend album which will be available on cassette tape (among other formats).

1 Like

naim and focal will be on the Munich high end the 8 may. There will be naim statement, focal stella utopia and also focal kanta 1, 2 and 3 in a 7.1 audio video system.
A new naim product will be showed. ( i saw it on the focal website)

1 Like

Other than the 300, you mean?

It’s got to be the Dac-less streaming client. After all 67% of 77 people wanted one… (Poll: Would you like to see a DAC-less streaming client from Naim?) :slight_smile:

Or not.

1 Like

I just got my new NDX 2 and SN 2 yesterday, so we can enjoy the journey together. It’s a wonderful 2 box system, just perfect with integrating with a family lounge environment.

1 Like

Bring back the Aro. And sell the Aro phono cable a la carte for people like me who would buy one to upgrade my cable from the Moerch to the Superline. Call it the Aro HiLine.

3 Likes

With an element and Bluetooth support please. Still pray for it every day.

Or the Snaxo 362.

SuperLumina Lite range of cables. Kerrrr-ching!

Or maybe that name should be GoodbutnotquitesoSuperLumina.

1 Like

A Roon box, which makes Naim boxes integrate really simply with Roon. You could plug it into any of the older or newer steaming Naim boxes and all your musical integrative dreams would come true. Also any family member could easily use it, not just hifi boffins such as ourselves.

1 Like

If it is a ‘372’ it’ll be interesting to see how it’ll be priced and how it and say a 250DR would fair price wise against a SN2 and NDX2 as a 2 box system, and would it be a better combo?

Someone did post their hoped for new Naim product a few days ago, though the post seems to have subsequently disappeared.

I found myself rather hoping for the same thing, so here goes:

Relying as I do on a set of electric ears, it would be great if Naim would consider a pair of audio enhancers, with or without an external power supply, though, of course, they would have to include the ability to dim the Naim logo! :laughing:

1 Like

Dave, that was me I believe. I accidentally deleted my post… not only is my hearing not what it used to be, but my fine motor skills now seem to be somewhat suspect.

DR’d Naim hearing aids using the latest streaming platform would be quite something though…

Vic

5 Likes

Let’s contact Charlie direct, and see if this idea might fly. :laughing:

1 Like

The 272 is a superb product and part of me would like to see a 372/572 or whatever the model is but my wallet/wife NO.

3 Likes

Headphones & new Headline?

1 Like

I’m sure Naim would like to see a 572 as well, but one thing they have discovered, and is now fundamental to their philosophy (do a Factory tour and get a presentation of their strategy) that best SQ and performance comes from decoupling and physical separation. They do realise this is not possible or practical for all would be customers so they do the best they can with careful consideration of compromises in my providing combination products… but consequently we are unlikely to see a significantly more SQ performant product than the 272, but we might see an updated version with the improved streaming transport front end commensurate with the new generation streamers with colour display and perhaps a modest performance tweak to the DAC stage … in fact I would be surprised if we don’t.

5 Likes

Headphones would encroach on Focal’s territory I guess. A bit disappointing nothing has come out of the Naim-Focal ‘relationship’ unless the new product is the first collaborative effort between the two companies. Maybe we will all be very surprised on the day.