Nait 2 Owners

Have they changed? My recently purchased XS3 still has them the ‘alternative’ way around!

Atom has them the ‘correct’ way round right to right etc. A very recent thing I believe.

Very nice :slight_smile:

Only the Unitis (Atom, Star, Nova) have them the right way round.

I’ve closed the poll.

Chrome Bumper is the most popular and the Olive CD the rarity. But is the poll representative?

It really doesn’t matter as long as you are happy with your little box.

Let the music play on.

Here’s mine on display atop its brother.

15 Likes

Here’s my Nait2 on top of my SN2 :smiley:

14 Likes

Hurts me to see those fine boxes being stacked directly upon each other.

Being an owner myself of SN2, I have always wondered what the Nait2 is doing better than the SN2, must be something given its status. SN2 is absolutely stunning, but someday I am going to have to hear that special little thing. Would you mind sharing that secret please? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

IMHO, the Nait 2 has a unique sound character. If you happen to like the way it reproduce music, good luck finding any amplifier that will make you totally forget it.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not better than the SN (1,2 or 3) IMO. It’s fun to hook it up from time to time though. It’s different and it looks really cool.
Remember that I have only used it with Ovator S-400. Higher sensitivity speakers might be a better match (would love to use it with Klipsch Heresy or something similar).

1 Like

I have the apportunity to buy a Nait 1. It comes at the price €780 £685. It appears to have been converted from 110v to 220v. There is no history and it has properly not been serviced for many years. Will you give your opinion. Thanks. You can see pictures here. dba.dk search Naim.

Just looked at DBA. It looks absolute mint and for 5600Dkk it’s a bargain IMO. Purchased my first Naim source (CD5i) through DBA by the way, I live in Helsingborg :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

Here are some pictures.

Others who really know will chip in, but I don’t think this has been back to Salisbury. Fuse holder I think gets covered and the heat shink gets changed for a 2 piece?

As long as you allow for additional service cost approx. £200 from Class A go for it

£685+£200 would be an awful lot for a Nait 1 IMHO. I paid £225 for mine new in 1985. According to the BoE inflation calculator, this would be £695 in 2020. Although Naimflation seems to have no basis in the real world, I wouldn’t wish to pay more than that for a fully serviced unit.

Seen it too, seriously its too expensive with no service files history. (haven’t checked)
Could be tempted if a CB Nait 2 serviced, but changes are zero.