Nait 3R - Incoming

Yes, if it was 4 way - but its not… Its a ‘SNAIC 3’ …!!

However… It has been, for me, a useful learning exercise…

That is a standard Nait5 flexi link, it has four tracks, it’s a double sided ribbon (look closely).
However, it was not designed to be used with a converted Nait3. I wouldn’t recommend it either, as it over-stretches the ribbon & you will end up with broken tracks!
Use a Snaic4.

Regards
Neil.

4 Likes

That… would explain why it doesn’t work as it should…

Recommendation noted. I have the choice of two SNAIC 4’s that I could use, from my ‘spares’…!!

Thank you… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And here it is, powered up, with a SNAIC4 between the pre & power.

Fed from my CDX2 into my Kudos X3’s. Sounds pretty good…!!

As we now know it ‘works’, @Darran 's job is now just a straightforward service - no fault diagnosis or fixing needed. Job for July…!!

7 Likes

The Nait 3R was a special sounding integrated, especially when pampered to its needs. Paired up with a CD3, NAC A5 and some very easy drivers like Mission 752 or Rega Ela speakers and it truly did rock! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Running now, with my CDX2 & Kudos X3’s. Later today - planned - with my partners CD5Si and Wharfedale Diamonds.

Hmm… Flatcap… :thinking:

1 Like

I have very fond memories of my Nait3. Got one for my 21st birthday. That and some Rega Kytes formed the basis of my University system. I sold the Creek amp, it replaced, to a friend and that started him on his hifi journey. He shortly replaced it with a Nait 3 also and sold the Creek to another mate and so on…

3 Likes

And here it is, in situ - many thanks to those who helped get it working! Loving it already …

16 Likes

I used a Nait 3 for years…having it serviced made one hell of a difference. They really do punch way above their pay grade!

Clive

3 Likes

It already sounds very good, but a service is on the To Do list…!!!

1 Like

It took a good 2 weeks to sound its best after the service but it really is a fantastic little amp. The MM phono stage is really great too!

Clive

2 Likes

The MM phono stage uses the 522 N boards - which are the same as those in the 102, 82 & 52.

1 Like

My partner has just acquired a pre-loved Flatcap, to go with her Nait 3R… :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a plain FlatCap - the original version.

Question to the Forum…

Which would you service first - the Nait 3R or the Flatcap…?

1 Like

Both :slight_smile: a flatcap service is beermoney at Darran.

2 Likes

You must drink very expensive beer, then…

The Nait 3R is £199-00. I guess the FlatCap will be similar order…?

Where are you finding olive flatcaps? I’d like to get one for my CD3-5 but struggling

1 Like

When I inquired a few years ago, it was less than GBP 100.

1 Like

That’s about right considering, hardly anything is in it…

4 Likes

There’s even less in the olive FlatCap - 1 x reservoir cap & 4 tants…

Pic taken from the web

5 Likes

eBay UK. One just… appeared in my automated search… :crazy_face: