Nait 3R - Incoming

Have Darran convert the Nait to a preamp, take the transformer out & fit it in the Flat cap (they are the same).
Then look for a 90/3 to complete the set!

:grinning:

Regards
Neil.

7 Likes

Thanks for the - radical - idea, Neil…!! (which I will pass on)

My partner is not sold - yet - on 2 boxes (Nait 3R plus FC), so 3 would be a push…:slightly_smiling_face:

Favourite right now, seems to be to buy another FC, which is known working and ideally with warranty. Then sell the one she has - honestly - on eBay.

But… no firm decisions made yet. Still waiting on responses from 3rd parties, to give a complete picture.

1 Like

they are only skinny though! :wink:

My first naim purchase was 92/flatcap/90.3. I went for the Pre and power only…typical

There is only 1 ‘free’ shelf on the rack she bought - which is from a no longer active manufacturer… :expressionless:

Lets not push this too far… please…?

1 Like

OK. So an alternative FlatCap has now been ‘selected’. Final delivery/collection arrangements are in process. The ‘dead’ one is now likely to be re-sold.

More news may follow… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Replacement FC has now been paid for & should be on its way… soon…!

Coming from a Naim dealer, in/near Chester.

Well done Ian. Brownie points for you :grin:

1 Like

Not me, its all my partners work on this. The total cost of fixing the first FC was getting to be over £450, which is the price of a used HiCap…!!!

The ‘new’ FC has cost a further £175 - but it was sold by a Naim dealer as ‘working’.
So… should be fine… :thinking:

Hoping I can get something back for her, by selling the ‘dead’ one… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great news, 50/50 change it is my dealer😉

Chance…? Greater than that I would say…

Adventures in…

One look at their website was enough - for me to recommend them… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah ha! Thought so. Great bunch, been using them for over 10 years! All my Naim, Linn, PMC gear has been purchased there.

Hope the Nait / flatcap meet expectations :+1:

1 Like

Update. The ‘new’ FlatCap is now paid for and should arrive early next week.
Comes with a SNAIC5 - and with 3 months warranty.

Better… :expressionless:

3 Likes

Flatcap #2 has now been delivered, to my partner.

The good news it that it lights up and has a very faint hum…!!!

3 Likes

Flatcap The Second is now installed and working……!

The result - Impressed - !!!

4 Likes

Excellent news!
Never owned a nait3 but Nait XS2 with flatcap XS was also a great combination so I can imagine the type of uplift it has given👍

1 Like

The doubt that I had was whether my (non audiophile , new to Naim) partner would hear the expected difference. Or if a Flatcap which had probably not been recently serviced would work well enough.

The result was - happily - that she immediately noticed a clearly audible improvement.

Better highs and lows and generally more of … everything. More … Naim……:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I used take one of my female friends with me to Better HiFi when I first started out on the Linn / Naim journey and she was very good at spotting differences. So it doesn’t surprise me. Anyway a good result all around :+1:

1 Like

This thread reminds me that my Nait 3 is still in the loft! It took a long time to get my hifi back to the pure enjoyment levels I used to get with that amp! Enjoy, its lovely.

3 Likes

Latest News.

FlatCap #1 has now been sold, to a new owner - who is fully aware of its condition.

Good Result…!!

3 Likes

Only just stumbled on this thread, not been checking in as much over Summer.
Brings back some memories, I had a NAIT 3R myself way back when, it was my Naim “Gateway Drug” and the beginning of many happy system journeys ever since!

3 Likes