Native Qobuz update

Hi PCD. Any chance that the feedback to Naim during the beta included the display of PDF booklets. Both the Qobuz desktop app and Audirvana/Qobuz provide access to album PDF booklets when made available to Qobuz by the music company. I can’t seem to find any way to access the album PDF booklet within the Naim app. As a classical music listener, this functionality is a major reason that I’ve chosen Qobuz over Tidal. A major portion of Qobuz’s classical catalog includes access to PDF album booklets.

Not with me.

I find in general that sound quality using Roon is if anything consistently better than other variants. However, I have an assortment of ‘systems’, only one of which is Naim, and I don’t stream Qobuz. Tidal via Roon sounds excellent on my systems, particularly through my 2nd gen Linn Klimax streamer - pretty much on a par with local streaming.

3 Likes

Interesting to see (hear) how this varies from one system to another. I have been adding a USB disk with my ripped CDs to the Atom and that also gives excellent results. I have not seriously compared yet, as I did not yet find the time.

Either Chromecast or Qobuz’ implementation has always been poor in the Qobuz app.

No mention of PDF booklets from Naim mind you I did not mention this during Bete testing.

Qobuz purchases in the Naim app - they’re there but I didn’t notice:

Odd feeling the Tidal icon appears when it shoudln’t unless it’s a switch.

Also on iPhone X I can’t seem to get more than 50 Purchases to show - blank folders after that.

Thanks. I assume it’s an update to the Naim App and not a new firmware update???

Yes, an app update. I believe it is an iOS issue.

I also used mconnect before and it indeed was a good experience.

1 Like

I’ve just tried the Mconnect app and it has many problems. The worst is that if you pause it for more than about a minute it closes down on what you are doing and you have to find the track again. After 2 days of trying I have given up on it - finally tested sound quality against using Chromecast audio and found no difference. The idea is good but in practice very poor.

For me it was unlistenable because the app crashes too often.
However my WiFi, like probably yours, is too weak.
Some reported great results with Qobuz and Mconnect, with good WiFi.

I notice there’s no artist radio available with Qobuz or am I missing something? Its a bit of a let down as it was a great way to discover new artists with Tidal

If you’re referring to the ‘top tracks’ list that Tidal has, there is indeed no equivalent in Qobuz. What really irritates me is that instead, they have a whole load of singles (and EPs) all randomly mixed in with the albums. This makes browsing albums (which is what I would often do) particularly tedious.

No, not top tracks, at artist level on Tidal you can select ‘start artist radio’ which will then play effectively a playlist of other tracks by the same artist mixed with tracks by similar artists. Also I notice a few albums, although listed, don’t play when selected and it comes up with a message saying it’s not available for streaming, as to why it’s there in the first place if its not available I don’t know!

Mine does this as well, did you find a fix? Frustrating having to sign in every time…

I was told by Naim support that the log-in issue has been identified and will be addressed in a pending Naim App update.

2 Likes

Oh okay. Thanks :+1:t3: Qobuz still sounds slightly better through Roon to my ears…

2 Likes

I’ve just cancelled my Roon subscription after three years, that’s how good I think the new Qobuz integration is.

I even like how the Naim app integrates Qobuz features in the UI.

Very happy with this!

NDX2/SL/252/SCDR/300DR (into B&W 804D3)

4 Likes

I have a linn streamer from 2012 and play qobuz, very unfortunate that I cannot play it directly from my NDX :frowning_face:

I agree James17. I feel sorry for anyone that bought the last of the NDX’s last year to find out now that basically it’s no longer supported with major new updates like this!

1 Like