Native Qobuz update

I would I did also ask if the favourite albums screen on the Naim App could be shown in Grid format like you can on the Core.

Thanks. @Richard.Dane - how do I feedback to Naim on this? Thank you

Best to contact Naim support via the usual channels.

Hi. I was told yesterday (by Naim support) that they have identified the Qobuz log-in issue and it will be fixed in the pending update to be pushed out shortly.

2 Likes

Do we have any explanation as to why NDX first generation users are excluded from the integrated Qobuz? With Tidal integrated in my NDX, it cannot be system requirements and looks like Naim are not looking after customers from only a couple of years back in the interests of selling the new NDX2 - I thought this company supported upgrading of equipment. So disappointing.

2 Likes

@anon4489532 dropped an email on the CEO with the same question. Answer was that the old platform is not able to support Qobuzā€¦If it could they would have developed an update. Unfortunately the old platform was designed over a decade ago, and developments in streaming have overtook it.

Thatā€™s right. Itā€™s unfortunately just one of those things. The legacy platform just doesnā€™t have the capacity to take Qobuz as well. There are many other ways to get Qobuz though, such as installing Bubble upnp on your Nas.

Thanks for letting me know @MartyK. Thats good news :+1:

That doesnā€™t really make sense with Tidal and Spotify installed in the old NDX. Does Qobuz really need that much more capacity? I suspect not. Also the NDX2 has Chromecast built in. This would also be a great upgrade for the old NDX - I use the Chromecast audio to stream Qobuz - it sounds great but there are technical problems with the iPhone losing the connection when the display goes off. Chromecast built in would be nearly as good as having Qobuz built in, but I guess that would be too much to ask for too.

Regrettably it cannot be done. Iā€™d love built in Qobuz too but itā€™s simply not an option. Do you have a nas? If so then try Bubble. Bubbled Tidal sounds way better than Tidal built in and Chromecast is pretty poor I found.

Sorry to say that Qobuz chromcast is a nearly a crap. Try Mconnect app with your ndx and you will see much better sound quality with Qobuz, vs chromcast Qobuz.
Or install bubble Upnp on a Nas to have Qobuz

2 Likes

Thanks for suggestions. I thought Bubble was android only and couldnā€™t be operated by iPhone? Iā€™ll look in to how to use it with my Synology NAS - may be too complicated. And Iā€™ll look at Mconnect which I hadnā€™t heard of.

1 Like

Itā€™s BubbleUPnP Server that you need. It will stream Tidal and Qobuz to an old Naim streamer. On iOS, you would need to use something like the Lumin or Linn Kazoo app to control it.

1 Like

Mconnect is the easiest to do. Just install the app via applestore and select ndx and qobuz on it. In 5 minutes you have Qobuz.

I used Kazoo to control bubble on my Qnap. Itā€™s really really easy. I tried mconnect and couldnā€™t get the hang of it at all. The Linn app is really good.

Mconnect is not the best app for sure. But sounds much better than chromcast for Qobuz streaming.

Hi PCD. Any chance that the feedback to Naim during the beta included the display of PDF booklets. Both the Qobuz desktop app and Audirvana/Qobuz provide access to album PDF booklets when made available to Qobuz by the music company. I canā€™t seem to find any way to access the album PDF booklet within the Naim app. As a classical music listener, this functionality is a major reason that Iā€™ve chosen Qobuz over Tidal. A major portion of Qobuzā€™s classical catalog includes access to PDF album booklets.

Not with me.

I find in general that sound quality using Roon is if anything consistently better than other variants. However, I have an assortment of ā€˜systemsā€™, only one of which is Naim, and I donā€™t stream Qobuz. Tidal via Roon sounds excellent on my systems, particularly through my 2nd gen Linn Klimax streamer - pretty much on a par with local streaming.

3 Likes

Interesting to see (hear) how this varies from one system to another. I have been adding a USB disk with my ripped CDs to the Atom and that also gives excellent results. I have not seriously compared yet, as I did not yet find the time.

Either Chromecast or Qobuzā€™ implementation has always been poor in the Qobuz app.