Native Qobuz update

Hi Clive, after a week or so, i got an email from a Qobuz employee to help me with questions. If you did as well, contact him/her.

That is not correct indeed. I received a confirmation email with the date on which the first payment would take place if I did not cancel the trial.

Thanks for the replies guys, have contacted customer support, will wait for a reply.

Thanks @marka. Before Qobuz integration I was considering going down the Roon route, but like you, I find the Qobuz / Naim app combination to be excellent. I know Roon has a few more bells and whistles, but it also cost circa Ā£2k for a Nucleus and lifetime subscription. I am currently a happy listener with the Qobuz / Naim app, and I plan to cancel Tidal at the end of the month. The Qobuz SQ is excellent to my ears and I have not had any problems finding my favourite artists.

2 Likes

I am going to do exactly the same. No albums I couldnā€™t find and the range of classical music on Qobuz totally eclipses Tidal

4 Likes

I run Roon on my NAS ā€” a QNAP TS-451 with 4GB, which I bought regardless of Roon. A very smooth operation. I understand running Roon on a more powerful machine like the Nucleus allows using a wider range of features. But I am very happy with just benefitting from Roonā€™s user interface.

I agree @Naim_The_Dragon the Nucleus is an expensive way to operate Roon. Sadly though I donā€™t have a NAS so going down the Roon route is going to involve a hardware purchase for me. Donā€™t get me wrong, I am not knocking what Roon can offer, but for me I will use the Qobuz / Naim app as it more than meets my needs (for the present time at least!).

1 Like

For anyone having login difficulties with Qobuz, thereā€™s a new iOS App update that will be available imminently; Look out for the iOS 5.15.2 update.

Thanks very much

Thanks Richard.
Trialling the beta at the moment and it works perfectly :+1:

OK, latest update is that there may be a slight delay of a few days as Apple want to review. Will keep you all posted as and when I get updated info from Naim.

4 Likes

Hi Richard,
Any more info on the status for the release of the updated app to address the Qobuz log-in issue?

Thanks.

Marty, not yet. As soon as I get an update Iā€™ll post here.

We stopped our Qobuz trial since we listen a lot to Ambient music and many artists that are available on TIDAL are (still?) missing on Qobuz. The sound quality is much better compared to TIDAL though, so might give it another try later.

@Richard.Dane the IOS update for Qobuz just hit the App Store.

Best

David

4 Likes

Great, thanks David.

1 Like

Cheers David,

I have updated to 5.15.2 and, other than an initial login, I now stay logged into Qobuz after closing the app.

Perfect fix, well done the guys and gals at Naim.

3 Likes

Cheers, and it works! Nice one.

This is very odd as Iā€™ve never seen the problem. Was it only affecting certain products in the range?

Not sure.

1 Like