Native Qobuz update

No mention of PDF booklets from Naim mind you I did not mention this during Bete testing.

Qobuz purchases in the Naim app - theyā€™re there but I didnā€™t notice:

Odd feeling the Tidal icon appears when it shoudlnā€™t unless itā€™s a switch.

Also on iPhone X I canā€™t seem to get more than 50 Purchases to show - blank folders after that.

Thanks. I assume itā€™s an update to the Naim App and not a new firmware update???

Yes, an app update. I believe it is an iOS issue.

I also used mconnect before and it indeed was a good experience.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just tried the Mconnect app and it has many problems. The worst is that if you pause it for more than about a minute it closes down on what you are doing and you have to find the track again. After 2 days of trying I have given up on it - finally tested sound quality against using Chromecast audio and found no difference. The idea is good but in practice very poor.

For me it was unlistenable because the app crashes too often.
However my WiFi, like probably yours, is too weak.
Some reported great results with Qobuz and Mconnect, with good WiFi.

I notice thereā€™s no artist radio available with Qobuz or am I missing something? Its a bit of a let down as it was a great way to discover new artists with Tidal

If youā€™re referring to the ā€˜top tracksā€™ list that Tidal has, there is indeed no equivalent in Qobuz. What really irritates me is that instead, they have a whole load of singles (and EPs) all randomly mixed in with the albums. This makes browsing albums (which is what I would often do) particularly tedious.

No, not top tracks, at artist level on Tidal you can select ā€˜start artist radioā€™ which will then play effectively a playlist of other tracks by the same artist mixed with tracks by similar artists. Also I notice a few albums, although listed, donā€™t play when selected and it comes up with a message saying itā€™s not available for streaming, as to why itā€™s there in the first place if its not available I donā€™t know!

Mine does this as well, did you find a fix? Frustrating having to sign in every timeā€¦

I was told by Naim support that the log-in issue has been identified and will be addressed in a pending Naim App update.

2 Likes

Oh okay. Thanks :+1:t3: Qobuz still sounds slightly better through Roon to my earsā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just cancelled my Roon subscription after three years, thatā€™s how good I think the new Qobuz integration is.

I even like how the Naim app integrates Qobuz features in the UI.

Very happy with this!

NDX2/SL/252/SCDR/300DR (into B&W 804D3)

4 Likes

I have a linn streamer from 2012 and play qobuz, very unfortunate that I cannot play it directly from my NDX :frowning_face:

I agree James17. I feel sorry for anyone that bought the last of the NDXā€™s last year to find out now that basically itā€™s no longer supported with major new updates like this!

1 Like

You could see an update coming from about Noverber 2016. I held off from an NDS as soon as the Atom etc were anounced as an update to the streamers was an obvious next move. I even bought a Rega DAC as a temporary way of playing the music Iā€™d started ripping to the Core I bought in early 2017.

1 Like

I agree James17. I feel sorry for anyone that bought the last of the NDXā€™s last year to find out now that basically itā€™s no longer supported with major new updates like this!

yes, it is a big disappointment, thanks for your replay.

Slightly off topic but I signed up for the free one month trial period with Qobuz filled in the necessary info credit card etcā€¦ Anyway theyā€™ve already taken a payment thus making the so called free one month trial not so free. Anyone else had the same issue?

Signed up in late November they are taking my first payment on the 1st of March ??