Native Qobuz update

Interesting Vertenna. I have the same issue with the 192khz Stones album too. 96khz plays fine. So it’s happening on other content too. This is a problemo! :weary:

2 Likes

I’m trialing Qobuz at the moment. Playing through NDX2.
In Hi Res the sound is great for the moments it plays before skipping tracks, starting half way through a track and buggering up going into my Zen server afterwards.
Not sure whether to abandon it or persevere as what little sound I received was excellent.

What do you mean by buggering into the zen server?
How is connected your innuos, to Ethernet switch, like ndx2?

Can someone please advise? When I had an NDS I did the free trial of Tidal for three months. Owing, I assume, to a flakey telephone and broadband connection it kept dropping out. Now I see that the new version of the Naim app offers a Qobuz icon, which I was thinking of trying. If I wanted to use this, would I need to get a Raspberry device and something to facilitate Roon as well? Or can Qobuz now work without these added devices?

Ethernet cable to Zen then out of zen to NDX2.

Your ND555 can now play Tidal or Qobuz natively if you’ve done the recent firmware upgrade.

Ok, thank you. I do have the latest firmware. I also tried some of those in development, but hadn’t been brave enough to try Qobuz and was also of the belief that I needed a roon and raspberry device in order to make Qobuz work.

You can do a free trial now.
And it’s only £15 a month if you sign up before end May iirc.

Clive,using Qobuz on my ND555 and it is excellent you just need to open up a Qobuz account for a free trial then when you open the Qobuz icon on your ND555 log in and away you go well worth trying my trial runs out today but I will keep subscribing.

Out of zen from Ethernet port to ndx2?
Try eventually both zen and ndx2 on a same dedicated switch like Cisco or other, if the skipping qobuz is still there.

Yikes! I’ve done it. Nearly had a headfit when it didn’t recognise my user name and password when I tried to log in on the Naim Audio app. Qobuz registration only required the password to be input once when registering, so I feared I’d made a mistake. Then I tried with my email address and suddenly - bingo I’m in. Now listening to Bill Frisell and Thomas Morgan ‘Small Town’ and it sounds ok too.

2 Likes

Clive, happy listening can’t really believe how much I’ve been using since Beta testing began and more so since the integration via the Naim app very enjoyable and a good way to listen to new music.

I just didn’t have the courage to try it in Beta in case it didn’t work when it finally got integrated in the release version. Besides, I always thought I needed a roon or raspberry box to make it work. But hey, this could have cut my record buying budget dramatically.

1 Like

@JohnF, is the hi res Qobuz content where you experience skipping happen to be 192kHz, by any chance? If it is then this is a known bug in the new firmware update.

I have just experienced constant 2sec dropouts of the 192 Qobuz stream of Ben Harper Welcome To The Cruel World. Not sure if this is the same problem as yours, John. It does however appear to be the same issue others are suffering from on 192 kHz content on Qobuz streams.

I expect Naim are working on a fix but @Stevesky might like an alert on here. I will also report it to Naim Customer Service.

Thanks Nigel, sounds like I have the same problem. I guess we have to wait for a Naim fix.
I do wonder how well new releases are tested as it seems a common problem recently and takes two or three further attempts to fix it.
Back to the server!

Try changing to inputs/Qobuz…96 khz…its much better, but not perfect. @Will is on the case.

1 Like

My understanding is that the beta team did extensive testing but I guess it is tricky to replicate every permutation and combination of kit and Qobuz streams.

As Gazza confirms, Naim are on the case and the last fix was very quick.

Nigel, I am concerned that this is a common occurrence with updates.
For a premium brand this is a very poor performance.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I think that Naim’s constant upgrading of firmware to take account of new developments plus responding to users feedback in such a responsive way is fantastic

6 Likes

All the recent streamers/ dacs have Tidal/ Qobuz/ and Roon, and some MQA.
So I don’t see nothing fantastic in Naim efforts to join the competition, regards of his top prices.

1 Like