ND555 now in place

Nice one B :+1:

1 Like

I will use it in my marketing ploy! Bloody hell. Good thinking guys! :muscle:

3 Likes

I have now swapped power supplies. Non Naim PSU on ND555 and 555PSDR on NDS. Russian techno internet radio.

By the way no propaganda being Russian station. I am not political :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes it does but I am a local collector :joy:
Had a quick check a few days ago „quobuz vs same file locally (as wav) in zenith mk3. There is a difference - but I was a bit surprised how good quobuz has become after some upgrades. Quobuz a bit more smooth and zenith edgy rocking.
Another histeria? No :grinning:

1 Like

We believe you top man but some of us are a little perplexed with your go to music choice for comparisons :rofl:

3 Likes

I assume that this will get a looooong thread :blush:

Good fun isn’t it?

2 Likes

So now with ND555 with non Naim PSU it sounds clearer! NDS sounds a bit duller. Note I swapped ND555 to floating this time.

So PSUs make a difference. Maybe non Naim PSU was bringing NDS up!

This thread is getting naughty!

2 Likes

Life is fun Rob. This is a laugh! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I used to have an NDS before upgrading to an ND555. I had an overnight loan of an ND555 from the local Naim retailer before I made any decision. I did not experience a ‘night and day’ difference either, but then the NDS was a very good network player. I did, however, think the new unit gave a more refined presentation. This refinement was further enhanced some time later (aeons later relative to Dan :joy:) with the addition of a second CD555PSDR power supply.

2 Likes

For sure buddy. You light up the forum for sure.

2 Likes

Note that I am now drinking beer! :rofl:

3 Likes

good thinking let me pour a whiskey!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :+1:

1 Like

Let’s have a party!

Silly question x sorry.
How old is your 555ps in terms of service and how old the…

1 Like

Beer, a gazzillion of Naim boxes and Russian techno. That’s Friday isn’t it :smile::+1:

3 Likes

Naim PS 2022. Non Naim PSU 2019.

1 Like

Agreed Clive. The 555 is more refined and open sounding. But none of them will match the best of vinyl IMO. I know I’m a dinosaur!

3 Likes

Good to have you guys - I am missing the company Summer party this evening due to my ear incident yesterday. All fine now, but relaxing feels better right now :smiling_face:

2 Likes