ND555 now in place

Fair enough :+1:

Is it possible to switch the ps‘s or is the other one not nd555 compatible

1 Like

In the test the ND555 has all the advantages. Also using Vodka ethernet. NDS is Blue Jeans Cable.

2 Likes

Yes they can be swapped. But not alot of difference between them.

2 Likes

That’s impressive equipment

1 Like

I am being totally objective here. It shows how the mind can work ! I wanted ND555 to sound so much better. But that is not the case in this test so far.

Will try both with 2 PSUs. Unfortunately I don’t have 4 to run the test. Could buy a couple more. Lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Oops… that not what I expected!
I never had an nds but got my nd555 for a good price.
Approx 3,5k more than nds. But always have looked for the nds …
Strange …

AFAI remember the nds is referred to have the more organic and smooth textured sound (analog?) and the nd555 with more micro details and punch

So ND555 has latest streaming platform. I previously overcame this by adding ND5XS2.

Also it looks nice. Nice remote too.

1 Like

Maybe Dunc was right afterall. Where is he when you need him?

4 Likes

A few seconds ago I thought the same - at last it has a „nice remote“ :joy:
Using the remote right now :blush:

Please do the test with both ps swapping!

1 Like

Brand new Naca5 installed so that is not burned in. Cable dressing could be better as well. But no significant sound differences!

2 Likes

Okay next test will swap PSUs.

2 Likes

I meant 2x psu on nd555 bs nds. More fiddle to do for that :blush:

This is not good to hear - especially since I’ve splashed out on a new ND555 too! (tho I do like the new streaming platform compared to NDS)

1 Like

What are you doing Dan? You are creating mass hysteria :joy:.

9 Likes

It’s early days for the test guys. Noticing a bit more detail on ND555.

4 Likes

Looks like it was a wise decision adding Lindemann Bridge II to NDS to make it compatible with latest streaming also improving on sound quality. I really like my NDS and much preferred it to NDX2 with 555PSDR on it.

1 Like

Bring it on! Call me Dunc mk 2!!! :muscle:

6 Likes

Joking aside your findings aren’t too surprising. The ND555 comes into it’s own with the likes of HiRez Qobuz streams IMO

2 Likes

Prices on NDS just went up 30% :smile:

Oh wait! That’s what he is planning! :wink:

9 Likes