ND555 now in place

Same, i thought it was definitely quieter and preferred it on the analogue side.

1 Like

It’s not power as such. Better control and separation and space and ……. So I could play it louder although I don’t because I have some HF hearing damage due to power tool noise over many years. I’m also 60 so there’s the normal age linked deterioration. My hearing below 10k is great but nothing over which is ok but I wouldn’t want that dropping to 8k.

1 Like

Is that socket one?

Maybe full statement is needed!

1 Like

Hopefully your naim factory tour will still be on.

Just imagine if i also went. I could see it now. :laughing:

1 Like

System is absolutely rocking now with the 2 PSUs back in place on ND555. Whether you have NDS or ND555 this is the way to go!

1 Like

Yeah. Two bad boys together questioning everything!

1 Like

Analog lead has two stripes nearest ND555 Analogue out

1 Like

Maybe skip the meal just in case or take your own pack lunch

1 Like

Didn’t know there was a meal included. Come and join us mate for after drinks. Will be a riot!

I prefer what active does Dan.

2 Likes

Fish n chips?

1 Like

I can only imagine how great it sounds! My speakers won’t do active.

What I do know is what I have sounds incredible. The EE8 and Farad Super 3 and 2 X PSUs have done the trick. The ND555 is gorgeous and does the business.

Naim kit is great! Very very happy with what I have. Full statement and active is not seriously on the table for me.

What I have is more than good enough. I just like to lark about!

2 Likes

For sure and any upgrading will be very expensive as you know. I will say this. I believe that you would have loved Naim DBLs

2 Likes

As most of you are no doubt aware, we’ve been working on arranging a Naim factory visit for member Dan_M, who has been dealing with some difficult health issues lately, and the good news is that it looks like it’s happening on the 11th July.

We have a few places open for anybody else who would like to join Dan for this visit

Naim’s only proviso is that they would like to prioritise members who either have never been to the factory before, or not been for many years.

It’s usually from around 10.30/11am until mid afternoon. You’ll need to be able to make your own way to and from the factory, which is in Southampton Road in Salisbury Wilts. There will be a factory tour, hopefully a light lunch in the canteen, and a listen in the dem room before heading home.

Obviously places are extremely limited so please only say you’ll come if you can definitely do so, and to be fair it’s “first come, first served” so please let me know as soon as possible by flagging the opening post of Dan’s thread and then messaging me.

Thanks, Richard

Don’t you read the pinned stuff at the top of the page.
Especially when it’s about yourself.
O wait a minute, you probably haven’t had time, due to scanning for all the new gear you have got in the last few weeks

2 Likes

Tbh, when I changed out my speakers to Sopra 2s a year ago I really wanted the Kudos 808s. But wasn’t prepared to spend that kind of money.

The Sopra 2s are superb but I know there is better out there. There were a huge imorovement on my Focal Aria 936s.

1 Like

As long as you love them ……

1 Like

You might be able to have mine (808) if all goes well in July

No mate. Have had personal messages from Richard. Didn’t look at any of that.

Well you know what day you are going now then

1 Like