ND555 now in place

Ah okay I was late on the scene. Shame about the tour as I don’t live far away, I’m sure it will be a great day, even without me :joy:

They’re planning a get together afterwards. Might be in Dans own thread in Lounge :+1:

1 Like

I could probably make that too :+1:

1 Like

Is this a Qobuz playlist? I can’t find it through the search function in app…

1 Like

If you have followed Dan journey, you would see that the response is no.
Nd5xs2 into Nds vs Nds sounds the same for Dan. The advantage is to have more stable streaming online and Qobuz.

It is

Awesome mix of tracks IMO

So with testing equipment over the last few years I found that there is a big difference between ND5XS2 and NDS. NDS with EE8 and Farad Super 3 lifted things further.

2 PSUs sounds alot better than one.

NDS vs ND555 sound quality not a big difference with tests on NAS and Internet Radio. Listened to Clapton, Prodigy, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen on NAS. And NRJ Techno because I like it. Doing a test you want to listen to music that you like.

In my mind the ND555 was so much better. Maybe it is but in the test under the conditions onbjectively swapping between the two NDS and ND555 in sync they sounded very similar.

If I compared ND5XS2 and ND555 they are totally different.

The test was objective and I have no reason to say any of this as if anything I want the ND555 to sound better than the NDS. The difference like I say is negligible.

How else can you do the test? Live with it for 2 weeks and then switch the NDS back in? Sound quality differences are different in measurement to picture quality for instance.

Some people won’t like the results. But that was what I found.

12 Likes

Why would anyone have a problem with your results Dan? You have no axe to grind. You love the sound of both NDS and ND555 when loaded out. Happy days my friend :+1:

4 Likes

This is driving me crazy. I’m supposed to be a digital-native millennial… wtf :joy:

1 Like

:smiley:Maybe try searching one of the tracks and see if it’s attached to the playlist

Here’s a few more tracks on the list

1 Like

Found it directly on Tidal :slight_smile: Qobuz sounds great but their apps have a long way to go. Since Tidal nowadays support Hi-res flac the move from Qobuz to Tidal was easy. It’s cheaper too.

2 Likes

Maybe a US market limitation with Qobuz that I’m experiencing. I can find a web page for the Qobuz playlist when searching web - just can’t find in Q native app or Naim app.

With Tidal Hi-res FLAC now available does this mean NDS users will have full hi-res streaming capabilities via Tidal, or are there still limitations on the NDS side?

This could change my thinking around NDS usability if so…

NDS supporting anything else than it currently does should be out of question. It’s a dead platform. I recommend using NDS as a DAC and buy a streamer/bridge that support latest platforms and formats and that is continuously updated. I personally use Lindemann Bridge II with great result. Connect your Ethernet cable and connect a digital cable from it to your NDS and off you go for years and years.

3 Likes

It’s what your ears tell you that matters, not someone telling you what you should do or not do.

Your system, your rules, your ears decide the outcome.

I’m just enjoying watching you reach your musical nirvana through these upgrades, pretty damn awesome from where I’m sitting.

Enjoy the music.

7 Likes

Tell that to my haters on here when i said the same years ago

2 Likes

I stay out of it

1 Like

Like it. lol.
I on the other hand has never minded sticking my head above the trench.

Could be a licensing issue with from where you’re logged in/using the app. I found the list using the web in private mode. Nothing to do with the app which I find better than Tidal, as I do the SQ and pricing.

Some don’t like it when you don’t confirm their bias. I’ve observed some of that here.

2 Likes