ND555 now in place

Don’t think that 500 dr gets warmer - it only gets warmer when not top shelf :blush:

Oops - did not know that - they must kick in late - never heared any of them.

Mine is a working Border Collie, whilst yours wins prizes at Crufts :slight_smile:

Come on … I am no native speaker … :rofl:

1 Like

Google is your friend … a dog show for highly groomed pedigree specimens.

1 Like

Dict translator stated for cruft = useless rubbish :rofl:

Your English is superb Drago.

3 Likes

Some might describe those dogs thus … slightly harsh though :slight_smile:

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yes but his hifi is shocking :wink: :kissing:

1 Like

I want the 500DR at the bottom of the middle stack as it weighs down the subfloor so LP12 does not jump. I have tried different configurations. I have also now got ND555, 552 and LP12 (obviously) all on top shelves.

The 500DR works okay with medium shelf above it but it gets very warm. I am therefore trying the tall shelves for middle stack. I may try medium shelves on right stack, so there is not an empty shelf at bottom. Also some of shelves are Fraimlite with glass, so will reduce the number of those.

I have really thought about stacking and am doing what works with given situation.

Ideal scenario would be to have a new subfloor. But I have enough to deal with and the room has been redecorated recently.

Let’s see how it works out!

Loving the system sound and find my sources are very very good now. Nothing is lacking. System is completed.

3 Likes

Superb effort Dan. Well done :+1:

1 Like

18 days ago. You can’t fool me with being done Dan! Don’t forget the disclaimer *for now.
:smile:

" I’m very happy with amp and LP12 front. The Streaming front I may go for ND555 and replace non Naim PSU for proper 555DR. May tinker with speaker cables. But, is it worth it? I am happy with it as it is for now."

2 Likes

Now, in Dan’s world, means since 30 mn.
:joy::joy:

Just kidding

1 Like

I am really happy with the system. You can always go further.

The system sounds epic. I had thought about changing the non Naim PSU but I don’t think it will add anything.

I have thought about different speakers but I love what I have.

I am now changing some shelves and will tinker with plugging into radial and ring main for Farad and KRadikal 2.

There is always something to do. Been buying alot of vinyl recently. Bought around 30 records since I got the LP12 upgraded.

The system is now where I had planned it. I have no other plans with it.

Where can I go from this point?

It’s magical as it is.

2 Likes

The deal came up with ND555. It was an opportunity and investment in the future ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Anyway guys hope I amuse and entertain you.

Are you not entertained? :muscle: :rofl:

8 Likes

Put that post on your fridge Dan . :joy:

4 Likes

Having just splashed a huge amount of cash (it is for me) on my system I am in awe of what you and others are doing with your systems, it is just mind blowing.

My system sounds pretty damn good, in fact I wonder how it can be improved sometimes, so what you guys on here are hearing must be phenomenal.

Your enthusiasm for what you are doing is infectious, keep on enjoying the music for many years to come.

5 Likes

I like films.

“Never Say Never Again”

1 Like