NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Hi @Richard.Dane, I have just sent an email to info@naim asking if you can please amend this thread title and my first post (attached in email). We have decided to change the thread from being specific to NDX 2 and SN 2 to include all generations of these products. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Timbre, all done for you.

3 Likes

Thanks for sorting out the title @Richard.Dane, much appreciated.

In my email I also attached a amendment to my initial post, can you please also change the post when you have a moment. Many thanks

My setup as on the system pics.

9 Likes

I love the black and white contrast, very elegant. Do you have a wider shot with both speakers?

1 Like

Amended for you.

1 Like

All off and powered down currently as storms about. :confused:

5 Likes

Legend…thanks!

NDX with Supernait - the Mk-1 & best one - Great combo.
My own design & built speakers with Scanspeak & Audax drive units, selected X-Over components & Chord wiring
Chord Odyssey speaker wire
NAT-05 is on all day with super FM & convenience.
Hidden away in the DIY cabinet are cuddly toy PSU’s that feed the NDX & Supernait.

I also use the Supernait to drive the dining room’s Nait-2 from the Supernait’s buffered “tape out” selected from SN’s Record button row, sadly no more with the SN2 & SN3.

I originally used the Supernait’s DAC for TV & other digital input, but now have TV sound on the NDX DAC which is a better DAC & together with System Automation is a better UI.

This will remain until a house move when I will go to ATC active speakers driven from a 252 or 552 with a ND555 or if it ever materialises a 572 streamer/pre
Or maybe (maybe) go north of the border.

11 Likes

”cuddly toy”…love it…I was pissing my self laughing.

Great set-up @Mike-B

1 Like

I haven’t checked the sn3 manual, but the sn2 has 2 line level outputs via av and hdd din connections. I have a minidisc recorder on my sn2 but that could be sent as input to another integrated amp if so desired.

@Mike-B lovely 3 boxes Mike, my NDX (2014) very happy with my 252 and the 252 is very happy with NDX - also use Chord Odyssey wire

I suspect it could be, but its not buffered & the added input/output load will affect both.

As being the proud owner of a SN1 too, what would be the purpose of this buffering? Thanks.

A buffer circuit isolates any additional connection load such as from a tape recorder from the source input load.
The input expects a load including R C & L to be within design parameters, adding something else such as a tape player will aprx double that & it will affect the source SQ, the buffer circuit is the solution to this.

2 Likes

I first heard the NDX/SN2 with a pair of Sopra 2s. It was very impressive. I sometimes wonder how good it might be up against my multi-box set up.

Regards,

Lindsay

3 Likes

Had a first time listen to some PMC 23 and 24 today. Interesting, will spend some more time with them.

2 Likes

Definitely look lovely and are a favorite on the forum. Lots of fun trying out speakers.

What else did that dealer have on offer to hear @timbre

@popeye these guys are ELAC, Dynaudio, PMC…connected to Moon. It would be good to compare Tribe Towers vs PMC with SN 2.