NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

I auditioned the Tribes at the same time as the Sky Towers. Same sonic signature and very impressive. However I felt the Sky’s did everything they do and did at a much cheaper price. The Tribes I strongly felt you were paying for the aesthetics and the technology within enabling such tiny speakers to produce such huge sound. They are incredible for what they are but visually a bit toy like and seems very surreal.
My dream speakers would be the new Elements.

1 Like

What becoming abundantly clear to me during auditions is just how much I love the Naim sound signature. Nothing against the others but once you hear Naim its hard to accept anything else.

3 Likes

I have a SN2 paired with Totem Tribe Towers. They are a great match!

3 Likes

Hi @DanielH, are yours matt black or gloss black with premium connections?

1 Like

Hi. Mine are gloss black with the premium WBT binding posts.

Did you hear both connection options, I was wondering if premium connectors make a sound difference at all?

Also, how are you finding positioning from wall? How far away from the wall are yours?

No, I did not hear both connection options. But, I think it is worth it for the gloss color and better binding posts.
Mine are a little less than 2 feet from the wall. They are very easy to position.

1 Like

@Mike_S any news on the PSU? Have you tried any of them yet?

1 Like

Bit of a vortex. Initially, there were no XPS DR’s in New Zealand, however, one was discovered in Wellington, so a deal has been done on that. The reviews and forum folklore are all in agreement that adding it to the NDX2 is a significant improvement, so again, a leap off faith has been taken. Install is awaiting new glass shelving for my cabinet (due tomorrow).

Trusty dealer will also leave a HiCAP for a home demo, he won’t sell that to me without a home demo, so he has been very accommodating - thinking that the XPS is the main ingredient to add. We even discussed bi-amping the SN2 with a 250 in place of the HiCAP, but he thought the SN2 has enough juice for my speakers.

TBH, buying Naim here is a pain with such limited demo options, almost none at this level as you know,

2 Likes

Sounds good, at least you are making progress. Can’t wait to see how you get on with the changes. I am expecting great things from XPS.

Indeed, but it will need a NDX2 :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I reckon you’re about halfway down the Rabbit hole, a fair bit to go yet though! :smiley:

2 Likes

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the house needs painting and Rae wants some landscaping in the garden. This is meant to be the last pre-retirement blow out, courtesy of a business exit and 30 years in the wilderness.

@Pete_the_painter, hanging out here these days.

1 Like

Oh, I certainly know the pain, been waiting months for my Ndx2 to arrive

1 Like

Very nice. You recently posted elsewhere that you were looking for suggestions to help with placing your kit - as nearly coming off the shelf - and with future additions - I would think a rack of diminutive size could just squeeze in the right corner against the side wall next to your sofa perhaps.

1 Like

Unfortunately the dedicated supply is behind the false panel and below the Naim equipment. However is would be very tight.

I suspect the last pre-retirement blow out will be actually be a ND555 and a 300DR! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

No wonder they call them dealers, addiction is a terrible thing.

5 Likes

Hi - I have Supernait2 with Ndx2 and XPS dr. I can confirm that the XPS is a significant upgrade to the Ndx2. The Supernait2 is easily good enough to show the difference.
/Peter

3 Likes