NEET-1008 Neotech Ethernet RJ45 Cable

Why does he have bass problems in his room? His system sounds great using his current Chord cable and even better using the Sigma. He just didn’t like the sound produced using the Neet. Yet it still appears to have the same traits that several of us on the forum have pointed out?

1 Like

I really couldn’t tell but it sound as if he has issues with coupling of the bass to the room which shows up when the Sound becomes more transparent but of course it’s just a guess

But with the Neet the sound is less transparent not more transparent, and it’s substantially less transparent than the Sigma in every aspect of musical reproduction.

1 Like

That is not the results from the system I referenced above. It’s the other way around it is so to all those who have heard it. I still haven’t heard the Shunyata cables but hav to relay what is heard elsewhere and also what I am hearing now in my system. Your description of the Neet is not at all how we would describe it. It’s the opposite and in the hi end system I tried to describe it is more transparent than even the Shunyata Omega. Why do you think the results are so different? The fact you have nd555 with 2 ps doesn’t take away the possibility you and others might and possibly have with noise. Again, you have the EE8. It’s not a good enough switch and the Shunyata helps mitigate noise which makes the sound sound more transparent than a cable like the Neet that lets the noise through. The noise gets in to the sound and makes it less transparent if you understand what I mean.

And again if you have the opportunity try the Innuos switch with a good power cord such as the Shunyata Omega and see what happens. It might be worth it

1 Like

Ah…so the answer it to go and buy an Innuos Phoenix Net (at around £3,200) and then use the Omega power cable (at a tad over £9,000) and then I’ll really be able to see what a £250 ethernet cable can do! You’ll excuse me if I just carry on being blown away by what my cheap old Shunyata Sigma cable does now. I think I can manage to live without Neet in my life for the moment.

4 Likes

I have the PN with a thick gauge pure silver cable (created by Sean Jacobs) with top end Furutech plugs, with SR Purple fuse, on a dedicated and balanced radial circuit.
My experience with the Neet is on the “Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary”! thread (Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary - #1710 by sbilotta)

1 Like

You are excused😊

1 Like

Yes I read that. Obviously the Omega and the Sigma seems to fit better into your systems @Geko and @sbilotta and it might very well fit in better in my system too.

So you are saying that Geko, Dunc, and the Geko friend had all a problem with their front end and with the bass?
And that the EE8 switch exposes the Neotech ?

Dunc, for example, has a top DCS source and a PhoenixNet as switch.

It reminds me when some years ago some here were thinking that the Blue Jeans is the best Ethernet cable in the market. A big wagon followed, many have bought it.

1 Like

In short yes. If the Neotech Neet-1008 doesn’t work in your system it is exposing problems. It’s not perfect in my system but now with the modified Innuos switch and the modified Lindemann at least it sounds really good.

We’ll see what @Dunc says in a few weeks when his cable has been burnt in.

1 Like

Don’t forget to add to your list of Innuos switch and Omega power cord 1000 hours of burn in, so quite two months.
This Neotech is like a King, he has a big court ready to exhaust his single desires and expectations.

1 Like

When I first bought my first Audioquest Diamond, I had only a cheap Netgear switch. The cable however reacted very well on my Nds, despite being exposed.
The upgrades with a linear ps then different switches, to end with a PhoenixNet, improved each time the sound quality.

Maybe the Neotech is specially capricious.

2 Likes

No it’s not capricious it has very high resolution

As said will keep holding out it gets better.
But at the moment i would be removing it.

1 Like

I’m tempted to suggest that ‘Occam’s Razor’ might be the solution here. Saying that there’s an issue with everything else in the system is just plain illogical!

It’s also worth pointing out the primary flaw in your thinking. You suggest that the Neet 1008 is the absolute best ethernet cable you can buy but you have to ensure that it goes into a completely noiseless system. However, this also suggests that if we assume everything is relative, whilst the Neet is getting better, as noise is removed, every other ethernet cable will be getting worse because the noise is removed. Why’s that then? Wouldn’t one assume that if noise is removed all ethernet cables would get better at the same ‘relative’ rate? And if the Neet doesn’t sound that great now how does it suddenly become so good and surpass all the better ones?

The second flaw in your thinking regarding the ‘slew’ rates with Sigma and the two noise cancelling devices would suggest that the Alpha, with only one noise cancelling device, will actually sound better than Sigma and the cheaper Shunyata Venom, with no noise cancelling devices, will sound better than both the Alpha and the Sigma because the slew rate improves as the noise cancelling devices are removed? Again, slightly illogical and not what seems to happen in practice.

The real problem with the Neet 1008 is that it’s like chasing a rainbow. First you won’t hear how good it really sounds unless it has 160 hours burn in. When you get to 160 hours and it doesn’t sound any better you are told that it now 600 hours burn in. When you get to that it’s changed to at least 1,000 hours burn in before it comes good. When you get to that you really need to invest around £12k into ancillary equipment to get the best sound from it. I’m betting that if it gets to this level they’ll be something else that needed to help it sound better?

I keep half expecting you to suddenly declare that you’re somehow related to the Managing Director of Neotech and that this has all been some sort of weird advertising ploy!

1 Like

First of all I have no affiliation to Neotech. I’m good friends with the distributor in Sweden (he is my dealer) and don’t know if you consider that to be a conflict of interest on a global scale. I do not. Secondly I am not saying every other Ethernet cable becomes worse I’m saying you’ll hear more what the cable does when noise is removed. When noise is removed you’ll hear the limitations of the Omega compared to the Neet. Third, I don’t know anything about the other Shunyatas cables you mention and am only relaying information given to me. Regarding slew rate the Neet measures extremely well and is one of the fastest if not the fastest cable around. I guess the Shunyata cables in the lower prices are even worse than the more expensive ones. At least one would expect them to be that.

I don’t recall ever claiming anything less than 1000h although the cable will sound good before that it will not be fully stable. Also I said from the very beginning a caveat was you need to get rid of noise but that goes for all digital setups when it comes to digital and for the entire stereo when it comes to noise induced by the power grid or otherwise. Naim goes to great length to isolate their equipment from noise and so does other companies. However you really don’t need a Shunyata Omega power cord on the Innuos but it was suggested for the sake of getting the Innuos switch to sound better. It’s also not good enough on its own and is a bit slow. Perhaps the Ansuz switch is better still. We haven’t heard it.

All in all I don’t see flaws in my thinking. It’s all logically laid out as far as logic goes. I claim the Neet is very transparent and above all fast. This means it lets 1 and 0 come through at the right speed but also that it lets noise come through. The Shunyatas are not as fast and this is measurable but they don’t let noise through because of their filters. When the signal is noise free you’ll hear the speed and transparency of the Neet and you’ll hear the slower speed and lesser transparency of the Shunyatas. Hope this makes sense.

The problem with bass you are referring to is something no one in my group of hi-fi aficionados ever heard. When it doesn’t work it’s usually in the top register one notices problems. It becomes harsh and hard sounding.

The Neet is so much better than the Shunyata Omega it has replaced the Omega in 2 extreme hi end systems which also goes to show just how good it is. One of those systems I tried to, from memory, give some info about. The other system is even more extreme and has the MSB select dac for instance. He has the modified Innuos as switch and since Shunyata is very good he also have power distribution from them all in all costing the same or even a bit more than a full 500-system. The total cost of that system is just north of 2 million pounds. I’m trying to put this into perspective here but if the cable doesn’t work for you guys it doesn’t. I’m a bit surprised it doesn’t though since it now sounds very good even in my lowly system. After the Lindemann got modified it even works without the modified Innuos but not as good.

All this probably sounds even more ridiculous to you but it is what it is. This is the actual experience of some extreme hi-fi aficionados here in Sweden.

This is what I found in my trial with PN vs Ansuz D2 Powerswitch. PN had a beautiful bass but this bass also was slower than D2. The overhang in the bass notes was bit to much for my taste. D2 has much more PRaT and also better resolution with a more well defined bass. It also need long time being on to perform at its best like PN.

It sounds as if the Ansuz is an interesting switch.

Again, I will use Occam’s Razor as the guiding principle against your logic. You keep telling me that I will only hear how good the Neet is when there is no noise and that when there’s no noise the Shunyata Sigma will become worse or limited by this fact because of the little devices used to remove noise, even though the cable remains the same in the Venom, Alpha and Sigma.

Yesterday you were telling me that it was the front end of my system that was at fault and the reason the Neet wasn’t working so well. Then it was because my EE8 switch wasn’t really good enough. Oh, and my mates 500 system with Ovator S800’s must have problems with the bass in his room.

You then seem to completely ignore a number of people on here that have tried the Neet in a number of systems with different ancillary configurations who simply say that it’s “great value for money and sounds okay against the relative cheapish alternatives”.

Yet you yourself haven’t compared it directly against any other top end ethernet cables like the Chord’s, Shunyata’s or Audioquest. It is simply the best because your mate says it’s the best in a £2m system.

The guy I bought the Sigma from has close to a £2m system and he says that Omega is the best by far but I guess he must have quite a noisy system!

1 Like

Ah I see. I don’t know how the cable would work if you took the boxes out but the boxes are said to slow the slew rate down. The cable without the boxes is probably not a very good cable. One thing that indicates this is it’s less expensive than the Neet when you ad length. Here in Sweden another meter costs 87£ as opposed to another meter of Neet that costs 182£ telling us the cable it self is cheaper than the Neet which might indicate it’s not as good. I do understand that price and quality doesn’t always go hand in hand.