NEET-1008 Neotech Ethernet RJ45 Cable

I’ve been following this thread with interest as I’ve recently changed my streaming cables, going from a variety of Chord cables, Signature, Epic and Clearway to Belden CatSnake 6a Floating Ethernet cables.

Looking at the Neotech, they are an ugly looking cable. May be the best cable in the world, but still got to pass the Mrs DG test. Plus I needed longer cables for some of my runs.

Each to their own.

DG…

2 Likes

As said what works for some doesn’t mean it works for all.
Maybe it needs much more time, but i can’t honestly give it a year or two to hopefully come good, as in 600 to 1000 hours.
I would have thought that this cable would suit my system much more than a naim system, as the naim is certainly more forward sounding, and this cable certainly brings that as it is right now, and i would think it would push that far to much in a naim system. But then i don’t know, i can only guess from my experience with my naim systems.

But i feel i have a lovely balanced sound using what i did, and this just upsets it all, and doesn’t really add anything nice to it. It’s just got over aggressive and too shouty for me, others might love it.

Hopefully the next two cables will bring me more what i am looking for, and hopefully push my diamond into 2nd or 3rd place

1 Like

Hi Michaelb :slightly_smiling_face:

No,.unfortunately not yet, I plan to do it in the fall.
I have asked the Swedish distributor of Neotech to have a NEET copper ready,.which is already “burn-in” to send up to me.

Which he has promised to do,.it will be really interesting considering the different reviews in this thread.

1 Like

This thread reminds me the movie “ Saving private Ryan”. It turned to be “ Saving private Neotech “.

1 Like

Is that an oddity? I thought that was true for all cables?

Why do you want to change the Ethernet cable if you already have this lovely balanced system?

Just like me, I’m guessing you got that balance by combining electronics, cables and speakers that made it sound the way you want it to sound.

I will as the final contender get a well burned in 1008 in a couple of weeks and let you all know who is wrong and right.

And if it doesn’t sound good I’ll tell you your system is noisy, or tuned to your other colored cables😁

(Which of course is how it is)

2 Likes

Mrs Hfd has an opinion on speakers but wires hidden behind a rack surely can’t be contentious?

1 Like

:large_blue_diamond: @Lucifer
Have you listened in your system to Shunyata Omega or Sigma’s ethernet cables.?

:large_blue_diamond: @Blackbird
Good…:grin:
Then I will know if I should sell all my Neotech NEET-1008 Silver ethernet cables or not

2 Likes

Don’t take the risk to get a post pointing that your system is broken. :joy:

2 Likes

No I haven’t.

1 Like

Don’t worry he already knows I think his system is broken. :joy:

1 Like

That’s why a truck with Neotech cables is heading my way…

3 Likes

As said in many posts on this thread.
I want a better cable to go from my melco to PhoenixNet. As i use the standard cable that came with the PhoenixNet, it’s actually quite good, but i am losing a bit off detail with it when i compare the same track streamed rather than stored.
Maybe if i find a cable that beats my audioquest diamond, then i will use that on the melco and the new cable on the final leg.

I was hoping that the neotech would work well from the melco, but unfortunately it didn’t. Shame as i was hoping for it work well.
But as said for me and my system it’s a no.

Yes that really is a shame since it is a not to expensive cable.

It’s fascinating the results you get with the Neotech. It’s as if it’s a cable that works wonders in the north of Sweden but makes a fool of it self in Great Britain. I really don’t understand how you and @geko can get these results.

Geko even finds it worse than BJC and Catsnake. In my system that’s a joke (compared to catsnake). It also beats the Shunyata Omega in a few real hi end systems here in Sweden which also sounds ridiculous given it is in @Geko system worse than the cables above and in your system worse than the cable that came with the PN. it’s just… weird.

2 Likes

Catsnake is the naca5 of Ethernet. Bandwidth 2000-8000Hz.

1 Like

Melco produces also a special additional linear ps for the Melco N1, like the Z i have and you too. Less noise = more details.

Yes with less noise @Dunc will get his Neotech cable to be better than all the other cables :joy:

1 Like