NEET-1008 Neotech Ethernet RJ45 Cable

Would be fun to see some pictures of the inner parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m now playing my system without a switch since I only borrowed it. The switch I borrowed was an Innuos Phoenix Net that is modified. Now without the switch I have some sort of “noise” electrical, electromagnetical or whatever that shapes the system sound coming through. Now there is something in the top that disturbs. It’s more a feeling inside my head than an actual sound for me. However it’s also a sound if you get me. Too persistent in the top frequencies. It’s not entirely pleasant but it’s still a good sound all in all. All the other regions of the sound still sounds good to my ears. No bloated bass or anything weird going on. Very natural sounding instruments, voices and spaces. However I do miss the switch. It might also be something else going on since I moved all the boxes around the day before yesterday. But my money is on the network induced noise :grin:

Just adding my results in this thread also so readers don’t have to browse the entire forum about the Neet.

I have now tried the Shunyata Theta, Sigma and Omega as @drago knows😁 and my conclusion IN MY SYSTEM is that the Neet is the better cable than all of the above. The caveat being you have to have a good enough front end and the front end is not just a ND555 with dual power supplies and clean power. You also must have a very good switch with a good power cable. But when you do the Shunyatas feel choked, constrained and also adding a metallic hardness to the sound and doesn’t let the musical reverberation continue as long as the Neet. The Neet exhibits no harshness, bloat or constraints to the sound. It simply works better IN MY SYSTEM😁

Just to add my bit as well.
In my system, top end digital dCS vivaldi 3 box system. Balanced power supply, PhoenixNet switch, etc.
The neotech, when compared to the shunyata omega, hemingway, and chord music, certainly came well last. It just couldn’t complete and got showed up in all the tests done.
Even doing a blind testing with Dan and his lad, the neotech was picked out every time, and was chosen as the worst every time.
I will keep it, but it won’t be going in my system, i will find another use for it.
But you must remember that this is a ÂŁ250 cable and the others are far more expensive, but unfortunately it shows it for me.

2 Likes

:large_blue_diamond: AND,.in my system where InnuO’s Statement fronts, Neotech NEET-1008 Silver works best.
I have NEET-1008 in the whole system, from incoming fiber-box to router, to switch, to streamer.

I’ve evaluated lots of ethernet-cables between each of the above devices,.but the NEET-1008 works best musically in my system.

Perhaps this is also important why NEET-1008 works best in my system.
:black_small_square:Sean Jacobs DC3 linear power supply that drives the incoming fiber- box and router.
It stands on four Stack Audio AUVA EQ’s as you can see,.which was much better than when it stood directly on AudioTech’s wall-shelf.
You can also see a bit of the incoming fiber-box in the house,.on the right of the picture.

When I listen to music,.I always unplug the two simpler ethernet-cables you see connected to the router.
It contributes to a clearly audible improvement in the soundquality.

2 Likes

Remember those cables work better in your system and your environment.

Yes just like i said

1 Like

No one ever talks about the router and its influence on the signal onwards.

So, what router do you guys own? I have an ASUS Zenwifi AX.

Did you buy that specially for Sound quality purposes?

Then I don’t understand this remark. The cables work better or worse in different systems regradless of cost. I’ve already written that the Neet works better in systems that are far more expensive than yours if that is a criteria to go by. For instance it works better than Omega in a system with the Taiko Extreme and one system with the MSB Select, surely these systems is on or above the level of yours and the other
Forum members with experience of the Neet. It just stikes me as odd that you have to refer to the Neet as inexpensive as an argument for it being lesser than the other cables.

It just works in some systems and it just doesn’t in others. Reasons for why seems impossible to discuss outside of the presumed fact that something is wrong with the systems where it does work. The noise subject is just no point in mentioning which is too bad since there could actually be gains to be had if one looked more closely at the bigger picture and got the noise situation handled. But each to their own I guess.

Obviously it’s also a matter of preference. Different folks prefer different presentations in their Hifi and one might prefer the Shunyata way, one the Hemingway and one the Neotech shaping the noise and sound. No matter how good the noise is suppressed. But the point is, unless you have explored the noise mitigation as far as you can you really can’t tell what you ultimately would prefer.

By the way, if anyone should appreciate this standpoint I would have thought it was you as you went against the forum massive dismissal of your claim that the NAC552 was a bottle neck.

Also I think I’d prefer the Omega as my system is now, without the switch. I don’t have it here to try it out but the noise in the upper frequencies are disturbing.

Nope :blush:

Did it have a noticeable effect on the sound quality of your system?

I haven’t compared routers. Yet.

Had a go but chickened out… the cable terminal block has been filled with epoxy so my only recourse is to cut the whole lot off and re strip all the wires and shields…I might ask a pro to do it! But disassemble and re build of the plug may , just may have done the trick… time will tell…
worth doing professionally I think as I like the immediacy of the Neet 3008

2 Likes

Ah, so you have it working now?

Thanks for sharing :blush:

Fingers crossed…. But I’ll give it a few days to see if my LUMIN flashes up “check connection”

1 Like

I mentioned the price difference as it is certainly worth knowing as you could easily think that it was also a cable costing thousands and dismiss trying it for that reason

You keep on going on about noise and that for this cable to work you need it to be super quiet. Well i believe i have a nice quiet ethernet system and one that can certainly show what difference you get from cables.

I am also very happy that it works for you, i wished it had worked for me, but it simply doesn’t, as been tested by myself and others in my system.
As i said before this cable could well work for you, you just need to try it for yourself.
There is no one fix, everyone needs to do their own leg work, all this is at best is a view to what you might get.

As for you bringing up the 552dr as a bottle neck, every system has one, you can only hear what is your worst sounding thing in your chain. At that time for me it was the 552dr, it’s my speakers probably now that’s the bottle neck. You solve one and just move the problem to something else, but as long as it inpoved along the way, all is good

Cheers dunc

2 Likes

Yes I am and it really isn’t necessary for the cable to work but it’s essential for it to surpass cables like the Shunyata Omega since it does let everything through. Anyway you might never think it surpasses the Omega even if you heard it in a system where I thought so. We are all different and prefer different presentations.

Nice tidy bit of wiring.

Glad it all works for you.

DG…