NEET-1008 Neotech Ethernet RJ45 Cable

I don’t know i am just a plumber.
As for the results, then isn’t it just a few from Sweden?

Maybe it’s the magnetic field up north😁

It’s been tested by the constructor of the PN-mod in many different systems and heard by many different people under different circumstances.

May be i just need to give it much more burn in time?
But i know i couldn’t listen too it for that length of time, plus i don’t think it will change that much, so i actually prefer it to the others i have here at the moment.
Thing’s in hifi, don’t tend to change that much after burn in, if they did then you could argue that it hasn’t been designed or made very well.
I would expect it to slightly change and become a bit more mellow in time, but this cable for me needs more a gender change more so. Lol.

1 Like

I agree. If you don’t get along with it now I don’t think time will change that. Unfortunately since it’s so inexpensive.

Maybe because it’s colder and darker in Sweden more than here, and you need a cable to bring you more get up and go. Or you spend to much time in hot tubs and have water bubbles in your ears all the time
Lol.

By the way i love Sweden, we have friends that live there, and i love it all, apart from no pub’s, what is that all about.

2 Likes

We only drink at home by ourselves listening to cables. We hate being social :smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Dunc :slightly_smiling_face:

The only difference that I can see between England and Sweden is that you have a different “electrical system” in your houses/residences…
And that you have fuses in your power plugs.

The electricity,.and its impact on our systems is big, but that this would affect what we are talking about in this thread feels far-fetched…but still.

Maybe it is a UK ‘electrical’ thing?

However, where I most notice the differences with ethernet cables is in the extreme high and low frequencies. This is where things start to sound odd. Fed the right signal my DBL’s can go down to 17HZ, which is pretty damn low for a domestic speaker. This extreme low frequency response also seems to benefit the high frequencies because of the low frequency harmonics. If I remember correctly Dunc is using 808’s, which are also capable of going very low. If you read both of our descriptions on how Neet performs in our systems you will see they are remarkably similar, despite the systems being totally different. Ultimately the sound that we hear is coming from our speakers and, just perhaps, very revealing low frequency speakers are showing up the limitation of ethernet cables with much more clarity?

That could be an explanation if it weren’t for the results in the hi end systems referred to. They also have full register speakers. One of the systems have six hi end subwoofers. The Audio Artistery Bethooven Elite has 4x12” woofers per channel for subbass so I think something else is going on.

Trouble is I’m not really interested in what Neet sounds like in some £2M+ sound system and I’m sure Dunc isn’t either.

In our systems we are finding just the opposite when using Neet but as Dunc has already pointed out, with the likes of top ethernet cables such as the Hemingway, Shunyata’s, Chord Music (and others) the sound is so much more transparent, neutral and real in our particular systems, so why would we want to use a cable that sounds inferior despite all the accolades that you and your mates seem to bestow upon it?

1 Like

So to sum this up.

Neotech
hulk-hogan-1989-1

Shunyata

Ansuz

2 Likes

I don’t know what you and Dunc are interested in, be it hi end and very expensive systems or otherwise. I was responding to your theory about your speakers digging deep in the bass and that you thought that might be an explanation for the difference in results.

1 Like

Always happy to read about other people’s thoughts and findings, as that’s what a forum is all about.
I certainly don’t get hung up about anything said, i only say as i see it, plus i don’t expect anyone to buy anything just because i like it.
We can all make up our own minds can’t we, and it’s nothing more than a discussion after all.
Just enjoy the ride if you can, is what i say.

3 Likes

Agreed 100%:blush:

But unlucky in that you have to spend a lot of money on a system and network to get the best from your inexpensive Ethernet cable.

That is, as we say in the UK, the tail wagging the dog.

2 Likes

@Lucifer , I award you the gold medal for your battle to prove the superiority of the Neotech 1008.
I count 113 posts by yourself on that subject.

4 Likes

Been busy today? :smile:

2 Likes

While thank you so much! :grin:

And it’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do it😂

1 Like

No specially. The campaign begun the July 28. So 113 posts for 11 days it’s 10,5 post per day.
Today it was 11.
It’s a marathon running pace.