NEET-1008 Neotech Ethernet RJ45 Cable

Hi Peder, I’m afraid this is likely to get lost in translation as it’s a UK thing. The actual TV series is about a guy called Greg Wallace who visits UK households to tell them that they are overspending on groceries and introduces them to supermarket ‘own’ brand products. His catch phrase is “they taste the same but are cheaper”. Of course we all know that they don’t taste the same but hey, it apparently makes for good TV, so who cares!

1 Like

You’d have thought that a guy spending that much on hifi could have at least got the drainage down-pipe from his upstairs bathroom toilet a bit better hidden than that! :wink:

1 Like

Not as flush as we think, clearly.

G

1 Like

They’re going to hide the Neotech cables behind that, as it amplifies the improvements.

DG…

1 Like

:grin:…Good observation :grin:

BUT,.it’s my friend’s speakers, although they are in his dealer’s listening room in the picture.

The dealer wanted to listen to them in his listening room before my friend picked them up…
Which was fine with my friend.

2 Likes

Nice speakers, are they the Single Malt colour?

DG…

1 Like

I’ll get my Auva EQ today. Stack audio told me to place them directly onto the chassis and not below existing feet. Same experience for you? I’ll start with the Anduz switch.

1 Like

Looks like it :tumbler_glass:

Beautiful speakers.

1 Like

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

Exactly,.directly against the chassis.

AND,.unscrew the original feet and place the AUVA EQ there if the bottom plate is flat.
I haven’t tried the round rubber/
silicone pads that come with it myself, this because Josh (Stack Audio) says that it gets a little worse with them, not much, but still…

Listening to vinyl. Oh my it sounds good. When I turned to vinyl instead of streaming the sound was still harsh and felt wrong. The same kind of sound I thought was due the missing switch. It turned out not to be that. It was mainly the pre placed on an Isoblue shelf placed in turn directly on the floor. It wasn’t a success. So I moved it to a shelf on a base. Much better. I also put the psu and power amp directly on the floor and did some cable management at the same time. All together it was transformational for the sound. So not a missing switch to blame. It’s very interesting how sensitive systems are at this level. It really sounded bad. It wasn’t fun to listen to.

2 Likes

As said he is not bothered about messing with things, he just plugs it in and listened, just like he did with his chord cables (that he liked what they did over the standard £5 ones you get in the box)
I guess at his age he has more important things to do with his time.
But again, it’s just his opinion, and nothing more.

Will be seeing him later for eyes down, lol.
I guess he will be far more vocal about it. Plus, i get it back.
I think this cable will be with me forever. Plus neotech need to extend there 30 day return policy to more like 2 year’s to give it time to burn in

2 Likes

I’ll accept it as a gift😂

Lucky for your friend he doesn’t own Naim gear with burndies needing massage. Having to be aligned to not have any strain on them what so ever. Hilines hanging in free air. If they touch anything the sound is gone. Electronics needing to be put on a Fraim and said Fraim needing to be dismantled and rebuilt now and again. Snaics needing to touch Burndies at the right place. Plugs needing to be inserted but not to much and not to little. All electronics only giving it’s best after several days of operation after the last power down and so on and so forth. Also after some time one needs to unplug and power down to get the best sound possible, but again only after a few days and some say weeks and some say month. :joy:

2 Likes

If you believe all above then fine. Go for it.
A cable should just work fine by just plugging it in. If not then you could argue it’s not fit for purpose.

Like all the Naim gear then? The things I write above is something I thought the community was in consensus about?

And not only the community but Naim themselves too.

I am sure if you get a mate to touch your burndy cable against another while you listen, you will hear the night and day difference, lol.
Or not.

They are thinning out the sound under my Ansuz D2 Powerswitch. All drive and grunt is gone. Some might call it tighter bass but I found the sound become boring. I believe it might fit PN good though. I guess I need Ansuz Darkz feet under it which have no rubber flex built in. Will try the feet in other places and again under Ansuz but first impression is so so under this product. This is what Ansuz told me.

All our Ansuz and Aavik boxes, and Børresen loudspeakers are fitted with the Ansuz Darkz Feet. These feet can be seen as the first step toward resonance control as they are upgradable with Dark. You connect the feet to a set of four Darkz by adding three Titanium/Wolfram balls to the top of each Darkz. You will be impressed by how much you can raise the performance.

Never use soft materials like rubber underneath any component! Rubber will at first absorb the vibrations but split seconds later release the vibrations back to where they came from -out of phase and timing - you got resonances instead. And that is much worse the vibrations.

Funny enough when you mention Naim. Earlier on Naim never used rubber feet - they had their own hard (aluminium/steel?) feet. Unfortunately that has changed in recent years.

1 Like

That is my major point… the unknown systems …

1 Like

LOL - @Geko
what’s up - cheers!

I was working all day long and now its so much fun to read here. You speak also from my heart…
Hifi is a hobby and we all are a bit maniac, but this cable-campaign is too much for me… :wink:

2 Likes

Settle in is fine, but when it initially sounds worth it is also gone for me. There is a change over time - but not so huge that it will massively overtake … so much I have learned.
And I am definitely not waiting 1000h or/and for a magic professional to occur and modify my weak 3,5K Euro Switch… SORRY… its hot today :wink:

So, let me get this straight, after 459 posts about the Neotech NEET 1008 Ethernet cable.

Assuming you run in the NEET cable for 161 hours it works well all over the world, especially Sweden where it outperforms cables over 10 times its price, but not in the UK, where it sounds harsh. We don’t know why it performs differently in the UK, but it is probably down to our inferior electricity. It only performs well in top notch systems, and shows up the failings of more modest systems.

Have I got that right?

If so, I must be in the twilight zone.

(Is that the sound of Swedish gnashing of teeth I hear?)

3 Likes