NEET-1008 Neotech Ethernet RJ45 Cable

I’ll try to set it up and do a comparison. We have a dealer selling Shunyata so I’ll talk to him and see if I can home demo and compare it to the neet.

1 Like

You need a sigma as well … think it is less dramatic as ansuz but there is sigma magic some of us here do like so much.
There is a shop in Berlin… :joy:

Nothing I’m missing with D2 today so I’m done with switch and ethernet. For now :smile: A friend have the identical switch and ethernet cable and is also blown away by the D2 setup. I also added Sbooster to my Lindemann Bridge II which made it even better. Super happy with where I am now. I’m afraid the Sigma is to laidback for me given our different taste :slight_smile: I did say no to PN for example. And to Naca5. And to Lavender.

2 Likes

Although I’m not sure that Sigma is particularly laid back. It doesn’t have that brashness and constant loudness that some cables seem to throw at you. I think it’s just beautifully voiced, neutral and balanced. It seems, if anything, to let that typical Naim sound come out even more! My DBL’s have never sounded so good!

I think we are arriving at the same destination just taking slightly different routes. Your switch and cable has significantly dropped noise in the same way Sigma does it’s thing. What we are all now hearing is music minus that typical digital hash that we’ve got so use to.

3 Likes

True :+1:

???
I love the sound to be upfront ! Hate laidback sound. Naca5 was way more upfront than ks1 when I tested them. I would not have given the sigma a chance if it was laidback.
The only micro downside might be that it is less speedy than diamond (less drama) - but I am not sure if it is really true (while listening to the moroder song from daft punk)

I think the three of us heading the same direction…
My PN is compensating the „brighter room“ with its fuller sound.
500dr / 552dr are less warm …
Morgana xlr also a bit darker…
All balance - as ever
I can only imagine what wow moment you had with ansuz - like I had with sigma.
Less loudness as geko described for sigma - thanks he has found the perfect description.

Ps: for the record - I parted with lavender … but really loved the sound for long years

While you are wondering if you have the same preferences I, on the other hand, am wondering how the Sigma would sound without its noise suppression boxes? I do wonder what it would take to suppress the noise in a similar way with other cables such as the forum favorites AQ or the “I-beat-everything😅” Neotech Neet-1008.

It might be enough with something like the smooth LAN I was evaluating. Those of course cost money too, but still. I do hope we can get to test and compare these cables and use outboard noise suppression with the cables that doesn’t include noise suppression electronics.

Sigma without noise reduction bubbles is called theta or gamma :blush:

1 Like

Oh! So they sell the same exact cable without the noise suppression boxes. I didn’t know that. Interesting.

You need 90 active square Tesla coils, 2 active cable Tesla coils, 2 dither circuitry and 2 anti arial resonance coils. That’s about it.

2 Likes

Yes … don’t know if it’s gamma or theta …
Alpha with one nr bubble - sigma with 2 bubbles. Omega with different and additional nr techniques

You are a bad guy :rofl:

@Blackbird @Lucifer
Again in the wrong thread … bad.

Sigma …
Before I had the sigma there were tremendous wow moments - with both the edgy and colored vodka or the pushy detailed diamond.
But with both of them there has been sections in music which are stressful. Cymbals too hard on the ear, shouty voice for a moment, sibilance…
With sigma all is gone … less edges without being any boring … relaxed without slow. Involving not through attack but overall natural sound.
Same emotion as listening to vinyl - with vinyl it is not the peaks in sound … it’s the overall sound …

Read about them. Both the Gamma and Theta uses OCC copper. It seems I like OCC, both copper and silver :sweat_smile:

Maybe they are different - gamma to sigma … don’t know. The result is what counts :crazy_face:

Shunyata is much cheaper outside Sweden, say in Germany. If you would buy new that is. The Swedish distributor must have had too few meatballs. Theta and Gamma series was recently released AFAIK.

1 Like

I see. There are only 3 companies in the world that are licensed to make cables using OCC. Neotech is one of those companies and they make cables for a lot of other brands. Harmonic technologies comes to mind as one of them but I think that actually was Neotech and not Neotech making cables for them. I wonder which the other 2 companies are?

Will we ever manage that you accept that there other options beyond the holy Neotech :rofl:
Ok - understand… at the end Sigma is an expensive Neotech cable … totally fine with it :blush:

2 Likes

Before I tried the Sigma cable I tried the CAD which is a bit like the Smooth Lan. Not really to my liking as it sounded slightly processed regardless of what cables were used.