New app update

Thanks for the extra info - i’ll talk to @tomvamos and team about it.
Nothing seems different here on any of my sources, so it’s an odd one.
While you wait for a reply, maybe switch to the Play Queue view, which has all the controls you need?

1 Like

Thank you Clare.

Same here @Naim.Marketing . Previous page has lost forward and back buttons.
Same with all sources. Local NAS,Qobuz and Tidal

Naim

I have now resolved my issue.

I have had to relocate my Naim Core to another part of network. This resolved the issue of my ND555 not seeing the data on the server within the Core.

Before, the Core was located on Fraim and plugged into an EE8 switch shared with ND555. This was in turn fed by Ethernet lead from EtherRegen which in turn was plugged into main Cisco 24 port switch which serves the house (fully wired Ethernet).

Core is now plugged into a port in my study and I’ve removed the EtherRegen altogether. Bizarre that app update caused this issue I guess there must’ve been some sort of network error; I’ve no idea as completely non technical, only that I’m now delighted it’s all working again and moving the Core fixed the problem.

1 Like

Same problem on iPad
No forward or back button - just pause, unless I click on the track that is playing.
It was not like this prior to the app “update”
David

3 Likes

@davidf @jsaudio @DanielH

An update for iPad users of the Naim App:

While implementing some interface changes on the latest iOS app (5.22), the mini ‘Now Playing’ bar lost the Previous/Next track buttons; previously present along with Play/Pause when more than one track is in the play queue.

Please note that iPhone and Android users are unaffected by this little bug, which we are in the process of fixing for the next App update, which is expected in coming weeks.

While we work on this fix, iPad users can still enjoy the full suite of controls if they switch to the full ‘Now Playing’ screen or ‘Play Queue’ display.

7 Likes

Thanks @Naim.Marketing for the update.
We all appreciate the remarkable service you and @Richard.Dane provide us on this wonderful forum.

5 Likes

Thanks Clare, first world problem :smirk:

David

1 Like

Small problem with new android app, mixes system and app fonts. Any chance you can notify app team to fix in next update (be nice if it allowed choice to use system font as a customisation).

Apologies if in the wrong section and thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks @redged, we missed that one. Will be sorted for the next release.

Tom

3 Likes

@tomvamos From time to time when I touch the room box on the Android app it shows the modal box ‘Streamer does not respond’ or something like that. However, at the same time, I can start playing from Spotify and everything works fine. To make the app working, I have to kill the application and start it once again. As I see, this always happens only when the application is awakening from the background and never when it starts from scratch.

Hello again @davidf @jsaudio @DanielH - just to let you know this issue should be fixed in the App patch release we’ve issued today. As ever, rollout isn’t instant - may take a day or so to pop up on App Store/Play Store.

Already there and updated. Thank you Clare :blush:

1 Like

Just updated it without any issues. Thank you

1 Like

I’m trying to remember, along with the missing now playing track buttons, did the little speaker icon for muting used to show a X through it when muted?

That’s one for @TomVamos, whom spends more time staring at the Naim App than anybody!

2 Likes

Not with the NDX2 if you are using system automation. To show an X it would have to know the current mute state, and with system automation it doesn’t know

That’s all correct, but I also agree that it would be useful if the app could show that System Automation had been passed an instruction for a second or two, for example by the relevant icon in the app flashing or going bold or changing colour or whatever, just for a couple of seconds.

2 Likes

Yes, everything now works fine! Thank you Clare.

1 Like

How do I do the update on Naim app? When I go to Apple App Store it just clicks to open and takes me to the same old app.
Do I need to delete the old app and then download a new one?
Or do I need to wait until update appears in App Store?
David